Monday, April 4, 2016

Amy's 5 star Review of The Sins That Bind Us by Geneva Lee







I wasn’t given a choice. Not when I did my first line of cocaine. Not when I became a single mother. But I changed, and every decision I’ve made was to protect myself and my son from my weaknesses—and my past. 

Until Jude came along and made me question everything, even my own secrets. 

The sins I carry with me can never be discovered. Life handed me broken bits of people and left me to construct my own world, and it’s too fragile to take a chance on Jude Mercer. 

We write our own stories. We build our own prisons. 
We weave our own lies. We commit the sins that bind us.






The Sins That Bind Us
Geneva Lee
5 stars

So I clicked this one up because I kept seeing on Ramblings Blog (Tracy’s). I'm floored at what I just read. I never in my life imagined that this was what on the pages of this incredible book. There is no cliffhanger but you will be flabbergasted. In order to not give spoilers Im not going to go too in depth but I can 100 percent recommend that you click this one up. Its free on Kindle Unlimited. 

Jude Mercer is a man like no other. He wants to save the world because he lost someone that apparently he couldn’t save. The man is a picture of beauty inside and out. His heart cant be real. He cant be real. How does a person that has lost something and carry that guilt with him turn into a savior. Jude wants to be Faith’s savior but taking that chance is something she isn’t sure she can do. Her sins run deeper than Jude can imagine. Although they have not shared their sins, she is certain his don’t compare to hers.

Faith Kane is a single mother to Max. Adding to her hardships, her son is also deaf. For whatever reason she has been blessed with a loyal friend, a great school for Max and manages to make her ends meet. Her life isn’t all sunshine and roses but its not hell either. Her meetings help her cope. The drugs, the alcohol, her sister Grace and her fading Grandmother are the burdens she carries. Letting Jude into her life is a mistake. He doesn’t share at meetings but he listens with intent. He seems to know how to not give up. Maybe Faith can learn from him or maybe he will be her heartbreak. 

This book is very deep, its riveting, and will allow you to see that everyone deserves a chance at redemption. The beauty of unconditional love is woven so intricately into the pages of this brilliant read. Jude and Faith are written so well you can almost feel their heartache, their pain. This book consumed my thoughts. It also showed me that sometimes addiction isn’t something tangible; something you can buy. Addiction can slither its way into your thoughts with the mist consuming your soul so heavily that you lose yourself to the dark. (The cover gave me these thoughts -- stunning).

I highly recommend clicking this one up. Thank you Geneva for an remarkable story. I will never look at addiction as black and white again. You have brought a complicated issue into the light and have made me think – I thank you for that. Bravo. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment