Saturday, April 16, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of That One Moment by Amy Daws




That One Moment is a full length standalone romance, it's book 2 in the Lost in London Series and can be read as a standalone. 

Life is a series of reoccurring ripples in time. 
The moment I saw her…something shifted. 
The moment my lips touched hers…life got messy. 
The moment my heart got involved…everything changed. 

Vi Harris tests every bit of my strength. 
She is my test. 
My challenge. 
At a time when I should be focusing entirely on myself, this radiant woman with a bright, cheeky smile and a cracked sense of humor waltzes in and spins everything on its axis. 

Vi has the potential to make me weak at a time when I’m determined to show everyone just how bloody strong I am. 
She’s everything I am not…yet somehow, she sees through my darkness. 
My pain. 
My despair. 
She doesn’t see me as broken. 
She sees me as the man I’m fighting so hard to be. 
The man that I’m still struggling to see myself. 

The follow up book to Not The One: Hayden's Story













3.5 stars

Gosh so Im not sure why but this was not my cup of tea. I know there were books before this one but I had not read them. Maybe that would change my perspective but I just couldn’t get past some of the dialogue. So please consider that when you are reading my review. I can honestly say I think the review might be higher if I had read the previous books. The “incident” that occurred to bring Hayden to the point he is … I wanted to know more about and potentially that might have happened in the previous books ..I don’t know. So I'm going to head back when I have time and read the others and reserve the right to change my review once that is done! 

Please also know this book deals with the topic of suicide so if this is a trigger for you please do not read. 

Hayden has a tragic past and was on the verge of not coming back from it. His life has been changed and him handling it .. well he has not been at his best. Hayden fights to get through the minutes and the days ahead of him. He feels he is not worthy or anyone or anything much less being in this life until he meets Vi. 

Vi should have a great life with a famous father and four brothers but sometimes she needs a break from them. They love her something fierce and some folks might enjoy the attention but Vi feels confined; smothered. The family lost their mother when Vi was just a small child so the men in her life come by it honestly but somehow she has to find her own way. Moving out, her brothers still attempt to “climb” into her life which has it's laugh out loud moments -- Her dog is hilarious as well. Meeting Hayden is another thing in her life she didn’t count on. Now what ??? 

The connection between these two characters was good but I couldn’t stay focused on the story. Maybe it was too much for me or not enough suspense. I don’t know. This is a love story that is over the top. If you enjoy this type of read then for sure give it a click. However missing the previous books I didn’t really find the connection needed with the characters. I wish I had but it just wasn’t there for me because I didn’t have the background on the other characters and more insight into Hayden’s past. 

Thank you for the ARC! ---- Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment