Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Amy's 5 Bazillion Stars review of Sacrifice by Adriana Locke

Synopsis


 My life changed forever the night my husband died. 
I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him. 
But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope. 

My life changed forever the night my brother died. 
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that. 

When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.











5 bazillion stars Let me begin by saying I have NEVER read a book that has brought out such immense emotion in me. However I wont say why but an issue in this beautifully heart torturing story hit me right in the gut as its something my family as endured recently. I don’t even know how to review this book. You will meet Julia Gentry, Everleigh Gentry, Gage Gentry, and Crew Gentry in this magnificent story. Crew and Gage’s best friend Will is also a key player in bringing lighter moments into the pages. I can tell you I was hoping to hear Ms. Locke would be presenting us with Will’s personal story as he is smitten with Maci throughout the book but she is not giving us any clue that we will see Will in the future. I don’t do spoilers but what I can tell you is this. Julia Gentry and her daughter Everleigh are just making it. Since the death of her husband Gage, each day is a struggle; emotionally, financially and dealing with her brother in law Crew doesn’t help. Crew and Julia’s relationship is strained which truly isn’t a strong enough word. Crew hates where his niece is forced to live. He takes care of what he can for Julia when he can; dropping by a sack of necessities here and there, swiping late notices off the door when he sees them. The night his brother died he lost everything. Crew was caught up in the limelight but after he was told he could no longer wrestle or fight due to the events of his last match; everything he knew changed. His past decisions haunt him. Calling Sacrifice magnificent is not a strong enough word. Calling it brilliant doesn’t do it justice. Adriana Locke will reach in, grab you heart rip it out with her words. I need more. I need to know the rest …. Sacrifice left me in a haze. When I read the final word on the last page I didn’t know what to do with myself. I was breathing in short rapid breaths, I was consumed with what now ….? From doing some stalking around on Ms. Locke’s page looking for MORE from her I did find that Cane Alexander who makes a small appearance in Sacrifice is from her book The Exception. Will I be clicking that one up .. you bet. I love to discover “new to me” authors. Discovering Adriana Locke was one of the best things to happen to me. This is a MUST read.

No comments:

Post a Comment