Monday, July 20, 2015

Amy's ARC Review of Salvage by Tiffany Aleman

ARC review ...
Synopsis

Stereotypical trailer trash. That’s how people saw me. I’m Karmen Butler, the girl everyone teased, tortured, pranked—bullied.

After graduating high school, I left my shithole of a town behind with no intentions of ever returning. My dreams were within my grasp. Or so I thought…

Luck. That’s what was on his side. Brayden Stephens was on top of the world and the biggest prick of all. At least that’s how I remember him. Then he lost it all. His vices took over and now he’s a washed-up has-been with a cocky smirk and arrogant attitude.

Valued. That was how he made me feel. One night changed everything for us. In an instant I was lost to his touch, his voice. Everything about him captivated me.

Against my better judgment, I let him in. I let him see the real me. Since he’d walked into my office, he’d been trying to redeem himself of his past mistakes. 

Glimpses of a love and life I’d never known before were all he had given me. Now he’s done it, the one thing he said he wouldn’t. He’s broken me. AGAIN. 

Excuses are what I was fed. The truth restrained him, bound him to his past, and now, I’m left to deal with the aftermath. 

Is there anything left to SALVAGE?

I don’t know…

You tell me






Salvage -- Release August 2nd Tiffany Aleman 4 stars Be aware that if you have issues or triggers and cannot read stories of alcoholism and also bullying/abuse please reconsider giving this a one click. I would like to applaud Ms. Aleman for touching on three very serious topics in her book Salvage. The story sheds light on the pain that each of these diseases and issues cause those that suffer from hate or addiction. Karmen Butler has made her way back home. She came back when her mother passed and treasures the four years she has had with her father. A year later after his passing she is still back in her home town, her dreams now gone but she is doing well for herself managing a local radio station. Her best friend from school, her only friend from school Tammy works with her and life could be worse. The minute Brayden Stephens walks in for an interview maybe it just has. Brayden and his friend Drew were the two people who made her life almost unbearable in high shool. They took pleasure in causing her harm and humiliation. However Karmen is no longer that small poverty stricken girl he once pushed almost to her end. She is a strong woman and she can hold her head high of who she is now and who she has become. Brayden Stephens was on top of the world and the high school quarter back that made it. He got out but injuries plagued him and his last concussion got him cut from the NFL. Brayden is broke, has no where to go and he needs this job. Little does he know who he is going to find sitting behind that desk at the radio station. When he sees Karmen he doesn’t know how to act. If she only knew his demons and how many times she wanted to rush to her side; tell Drew and his so called friends to leave her alone. But he couldn’t .. that would show weakness. His Dad taught him about weakness and how it makes you the biggest pussy. Brayden’s Dad hates him. Every chance he gets he reminds him of what a loser he is. Now he gets to face his biggest regret of all. Never coming to Karmen’s rescue but in fact participating in her humiliation back in high school. I know what you all are thinking .. this isn’t a book I would give 4 stars too. But that is where you are wrong. This story is exceptional. Although some of the events are somewhat maybe not realistic as to what transpires between Karmen, Tammy, Brayden and Drew but I wish it “could be.” If adults, kids, people in general would stop and realize that actions and words are some of the most devastating things that stay with us no matter what we may project to the outside world we would be so much better off. I wont spoil things for you but Brayden has some demons that are so deep and such pressure from being someone he was not that his own hell cut just as deep as Karmen’s. I highly recommend you give this book a shot. There is a cliffhanger and so much more to dig into. I cant wait to see this story play out. Book two in the series is due out in September. Great Great Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment