Thursday, July 30, 2015

Amy's Review of Devil In The Detail (Butcher Boys Book 4) by Max Henry


Synopsis


Loves comes in all shapes and forms, and sometimes it can be hard to distinguish which one you’re given. 

I run from my pain—that’s just what I do. It’s how I’ve managed to keep a handle on the shame and remorse at what I did the day my life changed. Has it changed me for the good, or for the worse—I can never be sure? Some days it’s one and most it’s the other. 

Now, each day is getting darker, ever since I met the woman who has the power to ease my ache and got a taste for what could be. 

Selfish? Maybe. Foolish? Definitely. But nothing can stop me until I prove to her she needs me just as much as it kills me to wake up one more day without her. 

I’ll do whatever it takes—even if I risk my life and my health fighting her psychotic and possessive old man to get her in my bed.












4 stars Okay so I have to admit I was somewhat confused when I started reading this ARC. I was highlighting stuff left and right to go back and make sure I understood who the characters were. Having said that this is a really great story and there seems that we will get more. There isn’t really a cliffhanger per say but you are going to want to know what happens to Bronx and a few other gems we get to know. It was more like a what the heck reaction when there were no more pages and that’s in a good got to know way. I have also listed the previous books in this series in order to help you understand what’s about to throw down. When I went back and did this myself things made a lot more sense. I have not read the previous books but went directly and snatched all of them up in anticipation of the soon to come Devil Smoke. So the list of books in order goes like this: Devil You Know (Book 1) – Malice and Jane Devil On Your Back (Book 2) -- Vince (Malice’s Dad) and Sonya Devil May Care (Book 3) Short Novella on Sawyer, his father Carlos and Dana. We meet Sawyer in Devil on your Back and he is grade A psychotic. This novella gives you the needed insight on why he is the way he is. Its also a lead into the new release: Devil In The Detail (Book 4) Ty and Ramona’s Story with some Sawyer thrown in. Coming soon: Devil Smoke Onward to the review. The book opens with Sawyer in a rather gloomy predicament. The club president, King has gathered up Ramona (Sawyer’s old lady) and Mack their son to a safe house. Callum the clubs VP is also there along with Vince and Malice. Malice is NOT a part of the MC but Vince, his father is. Sawyer is awaiting his “trade” to his father, Carlos in order to make some sort of peace. Carlos is a major player and is demanding retribution for a lost deal. Bronx, Malice and Ty have called upon the MC’s to bring down Edward Hennington who has come over from England bringing a few family members with him. However they are looking for new blood. Eddie and Carlos are two big players that need to be taken out. Carolos has a hit out on the Butcher Boys (Bronx, Malice, and Ty) after one of Ty’s men was responsible for Eddie getting in on a distribution Carlos had in their area. However Sawyer took out Ty’s guy first thinking he could one up his father. Carlos has agreed to back of the Butcher Boys if he got the distribution back with some extra payment. However the plan is to get Bronx in deep with Eddie’s group of men in order to take Carlos and Eddie both down leaving the MCs back in charge and free from threats. The other MCs that have agreed for their own personal reasons to join in are The Fort Worth Crew: Hooch (President), Crackers, Jo-Jo and Road Capt Murphy. LA Mongrels: Tap (President), Hando (VP), Mick (Sgt Arms) and Road Capt Mick. Hooch has a personal vendetta against Carlos as he killed Dana, his sister and Mel, his other sister, is presumed dead as well. Just when you think you know whats going on … BOOM. There it is. My mouth dropped wide open in shock! YUP. There are so many things going on in this book that I was giddy because it means there will be more. Throughout the story you meet Elena and her son Dante. She was intertwined with Carlos at one point but her son is King’s. WHAT!?!?! Oh yeah. Deep stuff going on here. It’s a wicked web we weave right??!?!?! That is just a small part of the crazy twisted events going on in Devil In The Detail. I don’t know how I missed this series. I remember clicking on a sample of book one thinking this is really good but then never got back to it as I had other things that needed read and reviewed. This is an incredible new author discovery for me thanks to my girl Tracy. I know you might read this review and say lawd I cant keep up but yes you can. Major stuff is about to go down and I cant wait to see what happens with Bronx. He has gone in deep and the guys are just waiting ….. In the mean time the trials and torment Ty and Ramona go through are rough. Ty has a sinister past and Ramona has done everything in her power to stand by Sawyer. He’s beyond damaged and unpredictable. For their son she will try anything. But what is the right decision? She wants to run but what good will it do. The life follows you. It never leaves. Death, loss and heartbreak; how does she explain that to her son. How does she explain the man her father is? Ty is trying but for how long will he continue to pursue someone that is unsure of everything in her life and entrapped by a man that is hunting she and her child. This is FAR from over … Go grab this up and click the previous books as well. You wont be sorry! GREAT READ!

No comments:

Post a Comment