Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Amy's Review of JAX (Breaking the Declan Brothers, #1) by Kelly Gendron

Synopsis

“Some boys can get rough, some don’t always listen when you tell them to stop, and some boys, they’re just monsters. You gotta be careful who you play with…” ~ Jax Declan 

I’m a tease, always have been. In my teens, Jax Declan tried to warn me about staying away from the bad boys. The only boy I ever wanted was Jax. But, no matter how much I tried to play with him, he rejected me. 
I haven’t seen Jax Declan in years. A couple friends and I are going back to the Bayou for the summer. A little older now, and a bit wiser, I’ve decided that I’m going to find my teenage crush and I’m going to break him. This summer Jax Declan will play with me. 
But the closer I get and the more I learn about the reserved, discreet, and sexy Jax Declan. Well, I’m starting to think that Jax Declan might just be one of those bad boys he tried to warn me about all those years ago. 

Warning ~ This book contains explicit sex scenes, graphic language, and is intended for mature audiences.








Review->
on sale for 99 cents right now! Kelly Gendron 3.5 stars I’m on the fence with this book BUT I am definitely on board with the second book in this series centered on Slate releasing July 21st. Emmie, Rayna, and Lu are heading back to the Bayou for the summer. After reminiscing about their Rayna’s ex Slate and Emmie’s desire but never conquered Jax Declan they decide it’s a go. They con their other best friend Lu into coming along to break her in with Zeke; the last Declan brother. Breaking Jax is Emmie and Jax’s story. . When Em first sees Jax again she instantly feels the same pull she has always felt. But, something is different now too. Jax pays attention more to her, acts more interested. To the point Emmie starts wondering who is going to conquer who. She never saw him with a woman while in school and he always ignored her flirtatious behavior. Things are different now … Jax has a plan that may derail Emmie’s. The story line was pretty good. I loved how Jax actually made Em work for what she wanted, especially considering how many times it mentioned how she had never really had to work for anything in her life. Jax is an alpha of course. The thing that kept me turning the pages were centered around Slate though more so than Jax. Having said that I will be clicking on Slate when it releases. For 99 cents this is a no brainer – Click it up so you can move on to the next Declan man in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment