Thursday, July 16, 2015

My 5 star ARC review of Out of Time by Beth Flynn

**ARC provided by author for an honest review**

Synopsis

They thought with his execution it would all be over. 
They were wrong.

The leader of one of South Florida’s most notorious and brutal motorcycle gangs has been put to death by lethal injection. Days later, his family and friends should have been picking up the pieces, moving on. Instead, they’ve been catapulted into a world so twisted and dangerous even the most ruthless among them would be stunned to discover the tangled web of deception, not only on the dangerous streets of South Florida but all the way to the top. 

In this gripping follow-up novel to Nine Minutes, Out of Time takes readers from the sun-drenched flatlands of 1950s Central Florida to the vivid tropical heat of Fort Lauderdale to the halls of Florida’s Death Row as we finally learn the gritty backstory of Jason “Grizz” Talbot, the terrifying leader of Satan’s Army motorcycle gang, and the secret he spent his life trying to conceal. 

Not even Grizz’s inner circle knows his full story—the tragedy that enveloped his early life, the surprise discovery that made him the government’s most wanted and most feared, and the depths of his love for Ginny, the tenderhearted innocent he’d once abducted and later made his wife.

Once Grizz’s obsession and now the mother of his child, Ginny has spent years grieving the man she’d first resisted and then came to love. Now remarried to Tommy, a former member of the gang, the pair have spent more than a decade trying desperately to live a normal existence far from the violent, crime-ridden world they’d once carved out on the edge of the Florida Everglades. For Tommy, especially, the stakes are high. Desperately in love with Ginny for years, he’s finally living his dream: married to the woman he never thought he could have. But even with the façade of normalcy—thriving careers, two beautiful children, and a genuinely happy and loving marriage—they can’t seem to put the past behind them. Every time they turn around, another secret is revealed, unraveling the very bonds that hold them together. 

And with Grizz finally put to death, now Ginny has learned secrets so dark, so evil she’s not even sure she can go on. 

Will these secrets tear their love to pieces? And how far will Grizz go to protect what he still considers his, even from beyond the grave?

My Review->


Some books will leave you with a high that when you wake up the next day after reading it you are still thinking of it.  This is one of those books.  I sit here and keep deleting my sentences.  Because when a book touches you like this one, it's hard to express what I am feeling without spoilers!  My words may seem vague or scrambled at times.  And it's because what I really want to say... I can not!

Sometimes an author does such an AMAZING and EPIC Five star book the first time that you are scared and often times left feeling disappointed when the second book is released.    Like most I anticipated this book for awhile and Beth did not disappoint.  It was a completely different kind of 5 stars for me.  Beth Nailed this one!  She gave us not only closure in some ways, but opened up a whole can of worms in this one.  Hang on for a ride you won't forget!

This book gave me all kind of feels!  I went from sad to happy to crying to mad to sad  to feeling content with the way things ended.   There is love, suspense, angst, anger, tears...... I am telling you again... LOTS OF FEELS for me!

 We pick up basically where we left off in Nine Minutes.   This time around, Beth  gives us a past/present story.  We are taken back to when Grizz was younger and his story alone made me fall in love with him even more.  It made me realize just how soft and gentle a man he really was.  And why he was just as hard.  Why he chose to do the things he did and why he was so protective of Ginny.  Some will not agree.

We are taken back to when Ginny was younger and get a true glimpse of events that led up to her "kidnapping" in Nine Minutes.  You will get details of her childhood that make you appreciate Ginny and her decisions as to why she stayed with Grizz in Nine Minutes.  You will get a better understanding of a lot of things and I must say.... If I were Ginny - I would have stayed too.  I would have fallen hard for Grizz.  Yes my friends..... I am still loving Grizz!

 We are taken back to when Grunt came to live with them at the hotel. And I will say that I fell in love with Grunt after hearing his story in this one.  He may have been an A##hole in Nine Minutes and left you hating him, but I gave a SMALL piece of my heart to him in this one . You will see just how kind and loving and protective he is.


 Just when they thought the past was behind them..... they are forced to deal with things that were never expected.   A lot of secrets are revealed.  A lot of deceptions.  Leaving a whirlwind of  hurt.   My heart ached all over again for these characters....especially Ginny.   Small spoiler - the Blue bandana did me in!  TEARS then more TEARS!

A lot of the information you will read about is  prior to the story in Nine Minutes and it makes things a lot clearer.  A lot of twists and turns!  Some of this will leave you with a feeling of relief, closure and understanding. And some will anger you more.   Some I expected and some I didn't see coming.  With everything that was answered in this one.... I still have a few things that left me with questions.  Maybe a third book will shed light on that.


The ending was a punch in not only my heart but my gut!  Beth did an amazing job with this one.  She may have pissed me off on more than one occasion but in the end the woman is brilliant and she gave us the ending these characters deserved.   I am still #TeamGrizz  even after death that man has my love. I am #TeamGrunt because this book shed light on his life and how much he truly loves Ginny.  I am always #TeamGinny because she was dealt a lot in her life and having two soulmates is something to be cherished.

Thank you Beth for giving us a wild ride.  Nine Minutes to Out of Time - for not being scared to just write it and put it out there!  For giving us something that no one has given us before.  A Unique and Amazing story about Love, Loss, Lies, Deception, Closure.   You rocked my socks!


**Graphics were found online from various bloggers and FB posts.  I do not claim these to be my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment