Thursday, June 23, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Into The Tomorrows (Bleeding Hearts Book 1) Whitney Barbetti



I was born in sadness, which was just the beginning of a solemn and desolate life. I'm no stranger to pain—none of us are. The night I held my best friend's hand as she died, I understood true agony. And I never thought I'd feel happiness again. 

But that was so long ago... 

Moving to Colorado to be with Colin, my high school sweetheart, was the perfect way to start over and rekindle what had begun to fizzle. I wanted that spark to ignite, to burn in passion and desire. Instead, I found myself falling for Jude, my boyfriend's roommate. He’s the only person who understands my soul, who can breach the walls I’ve built. But I can't have him. 

Because I'm Trista Kohl, and my destiny is sorrow. 

PLEASE NOTE: Into the Tomorrows is not a standalone. It is the first book in a series. The sequel, Back to Yesterday, will be published late summer or early fall.









3.5 stars

So I don’t know if I'm in a reading funk but the stories just aren’t hitting me right or well the past few days. The preface of this book is just sad. Trista is born from hate almost – not even sadness and it bothered me that her mother was such a worthless piece of shit. There was no strong female lead. We had a child basically verbally abused by her mother which lead to her lacking any self esteem in who she was. Her entire childhood from the minute she was born was “lost.” 

Her boyfriend Colin was a douche in himself. There is also a tragedy that involves drugs which if this is a trigger then you don’t need to click this up. Colin didn’t bring Trista into a good place or much less try. Trista was too busy trying to figure out who she was and instead of Colin helping her; he was hindering her in more ways than one. 

Jude is a stronger character in this book but plays a part of deceit in Trista’s life. He was a match for Trista as far as he was well grounded for the most part and gave some firm footing for Trista to stand on at moments. 

The ending is a cliffhanger but you do get a small glimpse into Back to Yesterday; the second book. Again this was not my cup of tea as it was full of sadness and heart wrenching moments .. There weren’t very many happy times in this book and not much suspense in the sense of “who is behind all this mess” type of thing. If you love a tear jerking heart breaking read then this one is for you

Thank you for the ARC! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment