Monday, June 6, 2016

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of All The Rage by TM Frazier





They call me Rage. 
My real name is like a shadow, always close behind, but never quite able to catch up. 
I fly under the radar because no one ever suspects I’m capable of the kind of brutal violence I commit each and every day. 
You see, I’m a girl. I’m nineteen. 
And I'm a killer. 
This life is all I know. It’s all I want to know. It keeps the shit buried that I need kept buried. It allows me to live without thinking too much. 
Without dwelling on the past. 
Until him. 
It all changes when an ordinary boy becomes my next target. 
And my first love. 
I have to choose. 
The only life I’ve ever known has to die, or he does. 
Either way, I’ll be the one pulling the trigger... 
All the Rage is a STANDALONE. 
The Kindle book also includes an exclusive preview of GUN SHY by Lili Saint Germain



5 pissed off stars – yeah I'm pissed. 

We all have been waiting for this release from TM not any more or any less than the rest of the books in the King Series as I call it. All The Rage is a standalone so if you have not read King, Tyrant, Lawless or Soulless you can of course read this book but I encourage you to go grab the rest. 

Let's start with the cover. TM is becoming famous in my eyes for her brilliant ability to put together a cover that you will not forget. The cover speaks to you and this one is no different. A single tear holds the image of a man and woman both fighting confusion and looking for self worth. 
As you know I won't say much about the books events because each sentence is woven into an intricate story necessary for you to read yourself. What I will write about are my emotions upon turning those pages. I felt pain for Hope (Rage). Trying to be someone you are not; trying to pretend in order to fit in with something you believe you need to be for acceptance is a tragedy in itself. Her best friend Cody made me furious suggesting the things that he did. I hated him for it. I hated him for the words that came out of his mouth. Instead of acceptance, and Rage knowing no different at her young age, hung on his words she felt were words that could save her. 

Smoke I loved until I didn’t. That’s all I'm saying. He wasn’t sorry ….. not in the least. He needs to shut his lying ass up. I hope at some point we will get his story and he so guilt ridden he’s torturing himself. 

Nolan Archer is a man that I cannot describe in words. Fierce, loyal, demanding …. How do you describe someone in words alone that not only accepted Rage but celebrated her just as she was and is. How do you paint the picture of the man who was cut from the cloth exactly how Rage needed someone to be for her and with her … TM did it solidifying that her characters are more than words on paper to her. 

Here is your shocker --- TM I'm so pissed off at you I can't see straight. I loved this story .. find me a word that means more than love from the deepest place in you and place it on this book … then rip it apart and burn that f**king word until it's nothing more. One particular moment in this absolutely mind consuming tale had me screaming at the top of my lungs. I was so irate and threw the kindle down, topped off the volume on the stereo and slammed the weights around leaving cracks in my patio stones. Not enough I rope climbed and ran until my legs were raw from the burns of climbing up and down the crossfit rope. Only then did I feel some relief from the words that danced in front of my eyes on those pages. So why am I giving the book 5 stars after being that pissed off? Because when an author brings that much sensation to the surface and it burst from you with no regard for the repercussions then THAT my friends is a book I will read over and over again. 

I don’t know why it had to happen – I don’t know if we will learn more or if it will be left alone – I don’t know if there is more significance – Only time will tell --- but I didn’t want to read it – I didn’t want to accept it and I didn’t want it to happen.

All I can tell you is TM is a brilliant author. Although I want to throat punch the person on my left and then dick kick whomever is next in line harboring my “I can't f**king believe it because there had to be another way -- what the f**k - TM” --- anger stage Im in right now, it's her best read yet. I had that same reaction with Bear concerning a specific incident but at that time I didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings and felt I shouldn’t write what I thought. Now that I know she is going to do this to me every mother-junking time at least once in each release --- Im letting it fly. 

I LOVE THIS SERIES – TM Frazier I still love you but --- you ruin me; is that freaking necessary every damn time? Thank you for the ARC --- I'm honored to have received one and for the trust to put it in my hands – Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment