Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of HellRaiser (The Devil's Own Book 2) by Amo Jones



Melissa
They say there are defining points in your life – moments where you f**ked it all up, moments that make you its bitch, moments that shape you into the person you are.
The day I met Braxton Ward was one of my moments.
My name’s Melissa Hart, and I don’t think you’re ready for this story.

Hella
I go by a few names: Hella, Brax, 112, or, depending on whether I’ve been balls deep in you or not, C*nt. I don’t push the boundaries because in order to do so, one must have them. I’ve never had them. Being homeless at the not-so-tender age of fifteen morphed me into an emotionless shell, and when The Army recruited me, that shell turned into steel.
They say if fire is hot enough, it can melt steel; the hate that burns between Melissa Hart and me just might be hot enough.
Shit doesn’t come easy for us. Enemies are expanded, secrets are revealed, and lives will be taken. Yeah, I’m Braxton “Hella” Ward, and you bet your f*cking ass that you ain’t ready for this story.





4.5 stars

Helly wow …. Okay so Brax as we know him as Agen 112 is best friends with our man Beast. We met Beast in One Hundred and Thirty Six Scars … if you have no read it – go grab it up first. You don’t have to read it to understand what's going on in Hellraiser but in order to keep going with the series you should and you need to know what in the world is happening in incredible story line. 

We meet Brax at 15 living underneath a bridge homeless with his friend Tippy; an elderly man that is homeless as well but considered ruthless. However Tippy has taken Brax under his wing and wants more for him. While Tippy was giving Brax or Hella as we know him another good talking too, Brax is taken by The Army and Tippy killed. Now that is all I'm going to spoil for you in this release. 

Fast forward to present day with Beast as the President and Brax as the VP of the MC. 
The MC is coming to war. They are hunting Kurr and trying to protect their families while bringing him down. Phoebe is not stranger to the MC and being Melissa’s best friend she comes under the protection of the club. Hella getting whatever he wants knows he is going to dip into this woman once … because once is all he does. Melissa’s past is tragic. 

Here I will state if you have a trigger for violence against women DO NOT click this up OR go past it. The description is somewhat graphic and not for the faint of heart. In fact there are a few graphic moments that might send you over the edge so please take care and know if you cannot read violence of any sort or against women this is NOT the book for you. 

Moving on Melissa will never allow a man to have the upper hand. She uses them as stepping stones so getting her freak on with this tattooed badass one time is not a problem .. until it becomes a problem. There is so much banter and game playing between these two is comical. Jada as we met prior is also here and shows us a side of Hella that you would not have ever imagined he had in him. And this my friends along with when he does anything its full force 100 percent hard is why you will fall in love with this very brutal man. 

I did want to punch Melissa a few times because I wanted to say have you NOT learned you lesson but the point of the storyline and Melissa’s character was a very fricked up individual. So .. bravo on nailing that Amo. I just wanted to bitch slap her a couple of times. There is one hot mess of holy hell coming down from The Army and its going to be a good one. You won't believe the cliffhanger in this one. My mouth dropped to the floor. 

This is a great second book in this series; I'm calling it a series because I highly recommend you start with 113 Scars. You won't want to miss it. There is so much more to come and I can't wait to sit on the edge of my seat and find out what fiery blaze is about to rain down next. 

Great read Amo and thank you once again for the ARC! Don’t keep me waiting long please! I don’t think I can stand it. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment