Thursday, June 30, 2016

Amy's 5 star Review of Scars by Jaimie Roberts





I had the perfect school, the perfect friends—the perfect life ... 

At least, that’s what I thought. 

But you changed all that. 

You are always there ... Always watching ... Always waiting in the shadows. You send me flowers and messages. You stalk me, trace my every movement... 
Until that one day, in a silly game of Seven Minutes in Heaven, when I finally get to feel you—have a taste of you ... 

It left me wanting more. 

One catastrophic day, my wish is granted. 

Just past my eighteenth birthday, tragedy strikes and I watch my family die before my eyes. 

You are there. You rescue me. You choose my life over my older sister’s, and I hate you for that. I hate you for taking me and imprisoning me. You say it’s for my sake, but I know it’s for your own. You make me see that my life could be much worse without you in it... 

You make me see true darkness. 

It is in that darkness you make me desperate for your presence, your touch, your caress. You make me need you... You make it impossible for me to live without you… And then, eventually… 

You make me fall in love with you. 

Secrets will always wound the ones twisted within their web of lies... But the ones I’m tangled in ... are deadly. 

WARNING: Although this book (overall) is not a dark read, one chapter is an exception, and contains the following triggers: childhood sexual/emotional abuse with some intensity in one particular scene.






Scars
Jaimie Roberts
5 stars

I need to give a warning as this book is not explicit except for one particular chapter. It depicts the “incident” that we find left the scars on J and Charlotte. It deals with rape, childhood abuse and it very graphic. However this is the ONLY scene in the book and if you don’t want to know then skip it and just understand something very brutal happened to the two characters. 

Lily is thrusting us into her life from the word go by introducing us to the person who has been leaving a single Lily on her doorstep for several months. She realizes this is not something being done by her best friend of any of the guys as a joke but she is intrigued. Lily is a good girl – she sets her own rules and her parents are amazing. She is trusted, loved as is her sister. With the encouragement and won't take no for an answer best friend drags her to a party – Seven Minutes In Heaven changes her life forever. 

J had revenge on his mind. It didn’t included feeling for a girl that could get in the way of what he is trying to accomplish. It wasn’t in the plan to feel alive with Lily’s touch. He was supposed to finish off what was started – there are people depending on him. The web of lies and deception is dark and runs deep. 

There are so many secrets running through these pages. I had no idea what was going on and I wanted desperately to know the end to the means BUT let me tell you what had me more – it was the writing by Jaimie and how she developed the relationship between J and Lily. I have never in my life read more compassionate, smexy, brilliant and deep seeded feelers between a couple. This was A-MAZING – and no Im not talking about the two characters having sexy time – it was simply kissing and touching – absolutely fantastic writing. 

I clicked this book up based on Tracy’s post on the blog –Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. I am so glad that I did and I'm so glad Tracy showcased this author. I plan on going back and picking up the Deviant books by Jaimie. I hear she is the master of “secret admirer” writing. I keep saying it but you need to click up this book pending the warning --- This one is fantastic. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. Thank goodness for Tracy’s post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment