Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Hardass by Christina Saunders



I cave in to no one. My hardass exterior is what makes me one of the hottest defense lawyers around. It's why I'm the perfect guy to defend the notorious Bayou Butcher serial killer - and why I'll come out on top.
Except this new associate I've hired is unnaturally skilled at putting chinks in my well-constructed armor. Her brazen talk and fiery attitude make me want to take control of her and silence her - in ways that will keep both of us busy till dawn. She drives me absolutely 100% crazy, but I need her for this case. I need her in my bed. I need her to let loose the man within me who fights with rage and loves with scorching desire...


'


5 stars

Okay … first of all lets just chat for a bit. Who in the heck would NOT pick this book up for reason number one the series title alone – Bad Bitch – uh yes. Give me those. LOL! I LOVE IT! Second did you look at the cover --- Right here push play on Jo Lo and Iggy’s song “Booty” -- Do you see it? DON’T LIE! That right there is worth a bunch of stars alone. 

On to the book! I really really enjoyed this story. I laughed at the interaction between our two main characters Wash and Caroline. How can you not they were playing games and having fun between the mix of investigating a serial killer and lord what a killer he is. WHEW …. Nasty man. From the get go I was a fan of Caroline’s mouth and her BFF Terell. I hope we get a story on him because I would LOVE to know what makes him tick – he is off the charts awesome!

Between the banter, add in Matt, plus the two brothers and a snarky associate --- this was a super read. You will NOT believe the suspense of the events on these pages. There is one heck of a wham bam hello … what!?!?!?!?! -- I never saw anything like what happened coming. Christina did an excellent job of leading you around and around in circles making you throw up your hands and say I don’t have a clue – CSI needs to step in. 

Wash and Caroline both work at the same law firm except for the fact that Wash is a partner in the firm while Caroline is working her way up. Her sassy pants attitude is enough to keep her moving up the ladder or maybe sometimes down. 

Im super happy that not only do we have a strong female lead that is smart and can throw her sass around not being afraid to speak her mind but she also doesn’t always follow the rules she is told to follow. This woman is no ones puppet. 

So now I have to go back and read Bad Bitch (Lincoln – Wash’s brother and Evangeline’s story –we do see them intertwined in this book) and I wait for Book 3 – Total Dick – yes! LOL! -- Kennedy’s story – the other Granade brother --- Granade, Granade & Granade --- (HAHA! Caroline – yup don’t miss that stream of cant shut my mouth syndrome she has in a conversation with Wash -- ) 

Thank you Christina and NetG for the chance to review. I loved this book! Can't wait until July 5th for Total Dick! 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets – Check out Tracy’s blog – she is the BOMB! 

No comments:

Post a Comment