Sunday, July 31, 2016

Amy's 3 star ARC Review of Rogue (Deadliest Lies #1) by Michele Mannon



My lover is dead.
And they think I killed him.
I'm running rogue. Hell bent on both revenge and redemption. Whatever it takes, I'm going to finish a job that began nine months ago. An unauthorized assignment that turned horribly, devastatingly wrong. My miscalculation. My fault. My heart left shattered into incomplete pieces which will never wholly fit back together again.
But first I have to outsmart my former organization and the hired killer they've sent after me; a killer who knows my every move, who’s been inside my head, my heart, and my dreams.
I'm the traitor, Kylie. The rogue mercenary. Jaxson's newest assignment. And this is our love story.







3 stars

Rouge is a new book heading into a new series by Michele Mannon. It has action and adventure which I love but I just couldn’t follow the story line. I hate writing reviews that I didn’t love the books I read because I admire authors and the willingness to take a chance and open themselves up by writing a story knowing it will be reviewed. I applaud their courage to do something I could never do. 

However we all have our preferences and this book just didn’t do it for me. A crew of assassins running rapid and a love triangle of sorts just had me going in ten different directions. There is backstory of the two characters Kylie and Jaxson which is good but again the way things developed were just odd to me. 

It took me a bit to read it and when that happens I know my interest wasn’t where it should be. Revenge and adventure yes … I storyline I could love and want more of … I am afraid not. Take a chance though and click it up … let me know what you think! We all love different things! 

Thank you for the ARC! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment