Saturday, July 16, 2016

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of Carter (The Harlow Brothers #1) by Brie Paisley



Carter 
She was the one for me. 
The one that I knew would be mine forever until I made the biggest mistake. I pushed her away and I’ve regretted that decision ever since. I’ve tried to move on, tried to put the memory of her behind me, but she’s always consuming my thoughts. Now, she’s back in our hometown, trying to rebuild a new life. I know she’s keeping secrets. She tries to hide them from me, and I will do whatever it takes to prove that I’m the one she needs. Because Shelby Ross is the other part of me that I can’t live without and I refuse to let her go again. 

Shelby 
He broke my heart. 
I never thought I would be able to pick up the pieces he left behind. When he let me go, I ran away from it all, thinking it was the easiest thing to do. But, running has a price and I’ve paid it in full for years. Now, I’m back where it all began, back to putting my life together and starting over. It should’ve been easy, but Carter Harlow is reawakening long buried emotions that I thought were gone. He wants to make me his again. I can’t let that happen. He ruined me, broke me, and I’m afraid I’ll never survive it a second time around. 








 Carter 
Brie Paisley
4.5 stars

This seems to be a great start to a new series we are getting from Brie. I love the cover – what a great shot. I always like to go back and take the cover in AFTER I finish the book – this one is spot on. 

The Harlow brothers are going to be a great treat for us. This book centers around Carter and Shelby.

Carter and Shelby have known each other since she was five. Befriending her on the playground she found a friend and then her first love until he broke her heart. Not knowing what to do and having a crappy family life – Shelby runs. Now running back home after divorcing her horrific husband Easton, Shelby finds herself hiding from Carter. Thirteen years she stayed away – and now she has to face him eventually and she doesn’t know if she can handle it. Finding peace in Annie and William’s house, Shelby starts to put the pieces of her life back together having to suffer through more than a 32 year old woman should have to. 

This is a very strong love story between friends that became family. I love the fact that we get the background on all the Harlow boys – Caden is Carters younger brother, Carter is the oldest at thirty three. Caden and Cason are twins. Clark has joined the military and Caleb the youngest and getting ready to graduate from MIT. I have a feeling I'm going to love Clark’s book. Cason should be interesting as well as he seems to find trouble – something happened to him after Shelby took off. Handling Carter changed him. 

There is a secondary character named Bethany that I really loved as well. I hope she will stick around. Losing Shelby sends Carter into a sea of regret and loss. Having a second chance means working to get there together. Shelby has a troubled past and Carter has something he’s hiding. It's either make or break time --- Shelby’s piece of work mother wont help matters either. 

I loved the story and the characters in this release and look forward to more. It's nothing brutal or unnerving so snatch this one up. The writing is realistic to a point and that’s what hit home with me. Reading something that someone out there might be able to relate to – starting over – finding what matters most back again – perfection. 

Thank you Brie for the ARC! LOVE this book! -- Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets! 

No comments:

Post a Comment