Sunday, July 31, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Shadow: Cerberus MC Book 3 by Marie James







Morrison “Shadow” Griggs, VP of the Cerberus MC, is a force to be reckoned with. Women fall at his feet, willing to do almost anything for a night with him. 

Misty Bowen is the exception. She’s young and impressionable, but with her religious upbringing, she’s able to resist Shadow’s advances… for a while at least. 

Never one to look back on past conquests, Shadow is surprised that he’s intrigued by Misty, which only grows more when she seems to be done with him without a word. 

Being ghosted by a twenty-one-year-old is not the norm where he’s concerned, and the rejection doesn’t sit right with him. 

Life goes on, however, until Misty shows up on the doorstep of the Cerberus MC clubhouse with a surprise that rocks his entire world off of its axis. 

With only the clothes on her back and the consequences of her lies and deceit, Misty needs help now more than she ever has. Alone in the world and desperate for help, she turns to the one man she thought she’d never see again. 

Shadow would never turn his back on a woman in need, but his inability to forgive has always been his main character flaw. Unintended circumstances have cast Misty into his life, but will he have the ability to keep his distance when her situation necessitates a closeness he’s never dreamed of having with a woman? 










3.5 stars

In this Cerberus MC we continue our story with Shadow and Misty; a love that has taken a turn and is definitely a roller coaster ride. I have loved Shadow since I started this series and personally I wanted just a little more drama if you can imagine and hard nosed play from our main man. I honestly have to say I did not like the preface of this story. Bedding a man and telling him a lie that leads to more than they bargained for …. Nope. Not into that … sorry this hit me wrong. 

Shadow is 33 and Misty is 21 – hooking up is the name of the game or was the name of the game. However a one night stand turned into a bigger mess for both characters. The age difference for sure played a role in the deceit … or at least I would hope it did. I just couldn’t get past the preface of how things played out and I don’t want to give it away so I can't really say much. However Misty continuing to weave deception .. .nope .. didn’t like it. Especially the lies she told to the people that were helping her. 

I wanted to love this story because I love Shadow – I still love him but I don’t love the story. I'm sorry .. I really wanted to. I will continue with this series as I love we get the others we have met all wrapped up in this one as well – thank you for that! However I will have to move on and hope that the next release will allow me to open up to Shadow’s story a little bit more. 

Thank you for the ARC! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment