Sunday, October 2, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC review of Midnight Scent (Amour Toxique Book 1) By Dori Lavelle



I find the love letters in my new dorm room, left behind by a previous occupant.

They're meant for someone else, but the words speak to me. They slide off the page and wrap themselves around my body, touching me in places I never knew existed.

I'm falling in love with each word, unable to stop myself.

And I don't even know his name.

Until they tell me.

His name is Judson Devereux. They say he’s toxic. Falling for him will be a mistake.

I want to believe them. I want to walk away. But the words refuse to be erased from the invisible parts of me.

I'm hooked on the scent of his poison. It’s bad for me. It could kill me. But I’m in too deep.

*This series contains sexual content, dark themes, and violence that could trigger emotional distress in readers. *








3.5 stars

Ivy and Chelsea are being sent packing from their dorm into a new unit as faulty pipes have sent them on their way. Moving into their new place and arranging their belongings the girls come across letters written by JD to Jennifer. Captivated by the words on the pages, Ivy begins to build her own fantasy with the author. 

Upon discovering the author of the letters and even after being warned, Ivy continues to communicate with JD the man awaiting trial charged with another student's murder. This one then takes a turn with a cliffhanger – 

This is a highly disturbing read so it may cause triggers in some – Im usually the first to high five a dark and gritty story but this one just didn’t do it for me. Please grab this up if you like messed up stuff .. and again I usually do but I couldn’t wrap my head around this one. Let me know what you think!

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets --

No comments:

Post a Comment