Sunday, October 30, 2016

Jax by J.L. Perry ~ 4 star ARC Review by Amy



How do you live without the one person on this earth who was made for you? A sexy, emotional love story by the author of the #1 international bestsellers Hooker and Bastard, featuring the beloved character Jax.

My name is Jaxson Albright. My friends call me Jax. I was brought up privileged, and I was supposed to follow in my father's footsteps and move into politics, but I had other plans. To my family's disgust, I'm inked, I'm pierced and I own and run a tattoo parlour in the hip suburb of Newtown, Sydney. I fit in here. I can be the man I was destined to be.

But I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my saviour, Candice. My pink haired angel. We grew up in the same circle - like me, she's an outcast. I have been in love with her for as long as I can remember. I can't get her out of my head. She still owns my damn heart.

If you loved the emotional journey J.L. Perry took you on in BASTARD and HOOKER, you'll lose yourself entirely in JAX.







Jax
J. L. Perry
4 stars

Jaxson Albright doesn’t want the life his father and mother want for him. His brother has done just fine following in his father's footstep making him proud and basically his puppet. Nothing he does is good enough and being himself is not allowed. His only light was Candice. His best friend who understands; who wants him to pursue his dreams .. not his father's demands of him. One night .. lines are crossed with both wanting more and then nothing. I disappeared on her. I took her greatest gift and left her. The only person that ever really loved me, stuck by me and cared for me no matter what. I left .. without a word or a goodbye. I did it for her own good … she was better off without me. 

Candice never has forgotten how much her best friend hurt her. She thought they were something but she was wrong. By the time Jax realizes what he has done maybe it will be too late. Struggling for several years over what Jax did doesn’t sit well but seeing him now is … another chance? 

Jax and Candice have a very complicated relationship that drove me insane. If this book teaches you anything it's that communication is everything. I wanted to scream and just say good lord figure it out. It was frustrating. At times I didn’t want to keep reading but the characters and supporting characters kept me turning the pages. There is an amazing character Brian --- another named Carter and Gus is hilarious. 

Although I was over the ignorance of the couple the story was very intriguing as far as where the characters were headed and what was in store. Jax also had a heart of gold which was also a great addition to the story. 

I don’t know if this is a series or where Jax came from but I did like the book and the story was an easy read. Looking forward to reading more from this author! 

Thank you for the ARC J.L. – Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment