Sunday, October 2, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Rough and Rugged (A Notorious Devils Novel ) by Hayley Faiman





Hattie Morris is a young girl with silly dreams and a fantasy she's been holding onto since she was sixteen years old. 

"Dirty" Johnny Williams is a hard man who rides as a Notorious Devil, known for being filthy between the sheets, yet always wishing for the unattainable more.

One night, one kiss sets fate in motion, and neither Hattie, nor Johnny, can deny that their lives have been forever changed. Time and distance stand between them, but a chance encounter shatters their ability to resist each other any longer.

It's not long before Hattie realizes that fantasies are named thus for a reason, while Johnny learns that the innocence of a sweet girl is no match against his hardened heart. 

Yet, inexperienced as she may be, Hattie knows one thing for sure. If she doesn't take a chance with this rough and rugged man, she'll never know if dreams really can come true.

*Recommended for readers 18+ due to Language, Sexual Content, and Violence.










3. 5 stars

So I really wanted to love this story after reading Rough and Rowdy and Rough and Raw which I did love. But something about this one didn’t hit home for me. Johnny Williams and our leading lady Hattie Morris just didn’t click on the pages in my brain. There was too much push and pull – too much time and too many things that I couldn’t see connecting together. This is the tale of a hard man and an innocent girl .. the situation of how these two met just started it all for me. Being as innocent as she was she sure lost that quickly with Johnny. 

Hattie also didn’t stand her ground with her so called best friend that was the cause her of always getting into situations that Johnny needed to intervene. Commitment issues plague these two and like I said I just couldn’t quite get into the storyline – However this is the first time that has happened in this series ….. having said that I will continue to read and know that the next will most likely get me back in the game. The characters are written strong and the storyline is good but not my cup of tea. Im rating it the 3.5 stars because the series as a whole is not lacking. 

Just because this one wasn’t for me doesn’t mean it won't be for you. Trust me on this as you should grab up the other two books that hit the shelves prior to this one. Let me know your thoughts and I look forward to moving on with the Notorious Devil's on the next ride. 

Thank you for the ARC! Review to Post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment