Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Promise of December by K.L. Jessop ~ 5 star Review by Amy





Christmas.
That bittersweet word that plays on my mind every goddamn year. Some people love it, I don’t like the fact I still live around it. Like any other child, Christmas for me was the most magical time of all. The winter walks, the smell of fresh cinnamon and candy canes, the excitement in the pit of my stomach where I found it hard to sleep. I loved that.
But once you reach adulthood you soon realise that life is cruel and fairy tales are bullshit! And at twenty-one, that magic and belief were torn from my grasp and I suddenly wanted to be that little girl again.
December now means nothing. Christmas hurts. And the only coldness I feel is what’s congealed around my heart. Nothing would change, and no one could change it. 
Then I met him.


This book is a standalone.
***This novella contains adult/mature young adult situations. It is only suitable for ages 18+ due to language and sexual situations***









The Promise of December
K.L. Jessop
5 stars

It's my first Christmas read of the season and I loved it. I believe this is a novella but the thing is I don’t know for what series of for what upcoming book! I need info K.L. Jessop because this was such a great read! 

Tamzin doesn’t do December. The loss of her grandparents has made her shut the holidays out. It is the most magical time of the year, families are together, lights and decorations line the streets, the smells, the memories .. it's all too much. Her grandmother always told her to just believe but losing her and then her grandfather shortly after .. she cant believe in anything anymore. Therefore getting drunk off the nasty holiday punch at her company party is just the cure to shut out the nonsense of the hustle and bustle. Sexy Santa standing over in the corner doesn’t look too bad either. 

Noel is taken with the beautiful woman standing in the corner alone. It’s the happiest time of the year and she looks sad. Not understanding why anyone would be sad during the holidays Noel makes it his mission to find out. Noel Thompson does not ever not get what he wants and right now that is the lady standing alone looking defeated. 

After a long night of drinking Tamzin wakes up with smeared mascara, a night shirt on, a rats nest head of hair and to her dismay hears a grown. Turning to see what or who made that grown she sees the most mouth watering man she is ever laid eyes on. Why is this man in her bed and what in the heck happened last night. 

Noel is a charmer for sure. Holy wow …. And what a family. James .. love him too. This is a wonderful warm and fuzzy feeling holiday read. I loved the banter between Noel and Tamzin but I also loved the true emotion from Tamzin at the loss she suffered. Noel has his own secrets and loss that he holds in his heart but his family never let it ruin them. The month of December .. this story takes us through all the emotions that go with such a special time. Believe …. That’s all you have to do. 

Click this one up friends! This is worth your time and pennies. Make this one your first holiday piece of happiness between the pages. You will enjoy every minute. 

If anyone knows where I can get me some more of these characters let me know! I need to follow this amazing family! 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment