Monday, October 3, 2016

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Rush: (Retribution MC Romance) (Carolina Bad Boys Book 5) by Rie Warren



Hot girls, hot cars, and time behind bars . . . I’m the most unsuitable dude for pretty girl-next-door Shiloh Lockhart.

MAX HANDSOME RUSH
I’m the black sheep of the Rush family, cut off from the bourbon distillery dynasty. Shrug. They didn’t approve of the high-octane rap sheet of arrests marring my pretty boy, prep school upbringing. Hot girls, hot cars, and time behind bars for illegal street racing—what can I say? Speed is in my blood.

Now I’ve cleaned up. I’m being good. I’ve got my own plans, and they for damn sure don’t include Shiloh Lockhart. Shy. The goddamn classic girl next door. She shows up out of the clear blue, turning all the MC dudes into drooling manwhores. But not me. I’ve got too much to lose to risk falling for a perfect girl like her. 

When Shy’s overprotective folks tell her I’m bad news, they’re right. But come to find out she’s already endured more than her fair share of shit-gone-bad in her life, and she’s convinced I won’t make it any worse. Shy couldn’t be more wrong. 

SHILOH LOCKHART
I haven’t seen Max since he got kicked out of the Rush family home years ago. Now I’m determined to get back in touch with the boy I used to crush on growing up. They call him Handsome at the motorcycle club he belongs to, and I can see why. The long dark brown hair. The smoldering whiskey-colored eyes. The sculpted face and big muscled body. 

Too bad he’s intent on treating me like a kid sister. Hmm. We’ll see how long that lasts, because to squash this schoolgirl crush I need to be with Max just once . . . turns out one taste of Rush isn’t enough. 

My situation is life threatening, but what he’s hiding is even more dangerous. Too late. Rush is already in my blood. 








5 stars 

I had been waiting for Rush ... Max Rush to be exact. 

Max never had a good life. In fact his family didn't even want him. Troubled and always causing a problem his family disowned him. Finding his own way into the MC is what saved him. They made him the man he is ... He protects with all his heart and lives a life he can be proud of. Hearing his name off the lips of a girl from his past send him into a tailspin that can't be controlled. 

Shiloh hasn't seen Max in years. Circumstances kept them apart but seeing him again brings the memories flooding back. Her past is something that cannot be forgotten but her future may just be in the arms of a man who will lay down his life for her. 

This book is not your normal MC ... These are amazing men ... Men who you know and new names. They all are fierce in their loyalty and love hard. The brothers banter along with the storyline will keep,you turning the pages. There were some ridiculously heartbreaking moments but that's what we want when we read right?!?!? We want to feel .... That I did. 

Rush can be read as a standalone but I would consider grabbing up the first 4 books in the series. You will love being a part of this MC family. 

The cover shows the amount of pain you will feel when reading this beautiful tale. The covers are a big deal for me and Rie did an amazing job with this one. Perfect ...

Thank you Rie for another incredible read with emotional characters we can love. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. This is a five star keep on your shelf friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment