Sunday, September 8, 2013

Boy in A Band....Lisa Loomis

EMOTIONAL WRECK!!!!  Like how do I get this book off my mind?  Book High..... 5+ stars...... Some Love it and some Hate it.... I felt both!  In the end.... Genius! 

I am LATE posting this review because, I read this awhile ago... I told ya'll I was trying to do better at this blogging thing....Anyway,  I got this when it was FREE and after reading a book that I wasn't too pleased with, I needed a pick me up and Rock Stars always do that to me....  I desperately NEEDED something to get me out of my FUNK and leave me panting and my "Happy place" happy!   I scrolled through my recent books.... thinking Okay...what usually gets me out of a book Funk.... I know... A hot as Fuck - All Alpha Rock star or Alpha Bad-ass Biker!  This one is about a Rock Star.... yes please....What I didn't realize is this was going to have me on such an emotional roller coaster and book high for days.... Lisa Loomis Freaking rocks! This started out in the 70's which is completely different than any other book I have read thus far and it grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go. It opens up in the 70's when both characters - Morgan and Matthew- are 12 and it follows them for a span of 30 + years. Middle school, High school, College and there after.....  So hang on my book nerds.... this one is an emotional ride.   A very long friendship. 
  

Morgan and Matthew have a friendship...a best frienship, for almost their entire lives.  He plays guitar and that's kind of their thing together... she'll ask for him to play her a song and he will...That comes into play later.... a HUGE part of the story.... 

There is a lot of sex, drugs and of course, rock n roll.  Morgan loved Matthew from the moment she met him.  We watch Matthew go through his groupies like dirty underwear, we watch him play with Morgans emotions and "Friend Zone" her on more than one occasion.  The sexual tension is undeniable.  Just when we think Matthew has realized he is totally in love with her.... NOPE!  He shits on her again.  I wanted to scream on several occasions.  Mad as hell that Morgan is so naive and keeps letting Matthew pull her back in and also mad as hell at Matthew for being such a total douche bag! They make you want to reach in and strangle them both.    He acts jealous if she hangs out with guys yet he won't commit and be exclusive to her for most of the book. 

Once he forms his band.... he starts to change.... he gets caught up in that lifestyle and that's when he starts treating Mallory in my opinion, like one of his groupies.  

Morgan eventually finds Ryan, who gives her what she wants.  His whole heart and she finally finds True Love.  This doesn't sit well with Matthew...... Could he be a day late and a dollar short?  

It definitely isn't your predictable Cinderella HEA love story. This book made my heart hurt....on many occasions.  It also made my heart happy.

 I literally bawled like a freaking baby.... real crocodile tears. I even cried twice more trying to tell my friend Tracie and my daughter about the book... I don't give spoilers, but will say this I was pissed several times at the author in between the tears and the snot running from my nose. She was BRILLIANT! I have spread the word and have had several read this already. One click this bitch and Grab your tissues because Lisa takes you on an Emotional Roller Coaster.  You Rock Kid! ;) I was on a book high for days!  




No comments:

Post a Comment