Monday, September 16, 2013

Cage (Corps Security- book 2) by Harper Sloan

MIXED FEELINGS for Greg Cage..Beauty and the Beast...I read the first book Axel and LOVED it.  This one I went into with high expectations.  I mean, we meet Greg Cage or simply G as Izzy calls him, in the first book and he's such a loving/thoughtful/big brother type character to Izzy and Dee.  Then in this book....Total Alpha Asshole. Which normally, I LOVE!   I mean, don't get me wrong, the sex with his pierced, hot, alpha male self was Hot!  But..... I just felt this story line was lacking.....something! I wasn't excited with this story line and often a little bored with it.  I needed some kind of excitement.  The connection they had, involving both their sisters deaths, was one of the main story lines and when Melissa finds out this tid bit of information thanks to the crazy ass ex Mandy...she gets pissed, runs off and then simply takes him back.  Running into his arms.  All is forgiven.  Then the "Trip to Vegas" I felt was grasping at straws to throw some drama in there.    I am all for my MC books, but that part was just so out of left field and just I D K .... can't find the right words. Some parts just felted rushed.  I hate saying that too. Because like I said... I LOVED Axel and couldn't talk about that one enough to my friends......    I did enjoy how all the characters are included in this story line.  

With that being said.... I can only hope that the next in the series will redeem Corps Security in my eyes.  I do look forward to Maddox story the most.   Sadly, this one gets 3 stars from me.... And we all have our opinions.  I am in no way bashing Harper Sloan.  It's simply my opinion of Cage and plenty of others have given this 5 stars.  For me.... I needed and wanted more!  I will still one click the others in the series.  

No comments:

Post a Comment