Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fire Inside: A Chaos Novel by Kristen Ashley

My LOVE for Kristen Ashley was once again validated with Fire Inside: A Chaos Novel (book 2) 

Kristen drew me in within the first few pages of Chapter 1….. You have to understand that Lanie has had her eyes on Hop for like 7 years now…..Lanie walking up to Hop and bluntly saying “wanna f..k?”….His response being “Say again?”…..Never looking away she says “wanna F…k?”  and him saying “You had one too many babe?”…… A one time thing…… yeah okay!  This is freaking HOPPER KINCAID we are talking about…..This is HOP who can “give me wow”….. Neither want “complicated”  The relationship between these two had me smiling and giggling.  And gave me one hell of an emotional roller coaster ride.  Lanie and Hop are amazing together but when things get tough….Lanie likes to withdraw, push people away and run.  We know that HOP didn't have the best relationships in the past…. Some people even hating what he did to his ex….. And Lanie too had a very traumatic event happen in her life…so letting someone in is/was a hard thing to do.    We know bits and pieces of their pasts thanks to previous books.  (Kristen has a way of bringing her past characters back in…..even when it’s a completely different series)  Love that about her!  <3  
They sneak around….keeping their NOT COMPLICATED…ONE TIME ONLY….thing a secret from everyone at Chaos…..and from her parents.  Let’s face it….dating a member of a motorcycle club is not what the daughter of a wealthy Banker’s President should be doing.  Lanie is a bit messed up thanks to her fiance’ and what he did to her and to quote Hop after finding her at a not so good biker bar in a not so good position…..“Babe, you are so f..cked up you’re the f..kin’ definition of f..cked up.  You think, you bein’ f..cked up and me knowin’ just how much, I haven’t kept my eye on you? 
I love that Hop has a “biker’tache”  Lanie LOVES his mustache and it can do wonderful things. ;)  I love that she thinks he is “badass biker beauty”…”Badass…Hot….Fantastic”……
Both Hop and Lanie have FIRE…..Fire that is blazing bright!  They have amazing chemistry and let’s face it….the sex is AMAZING!  To quote Lanie “Give me WOW” amazing…… But is that enough?  Can Lanie let go of her past….forgive…..allow Hop completely in…..before she pushes him away one too many times? 
 I  absolutely LOVED the way he speaks to her with all the terms of endearment…. Babe….Lady….. My woman…. My old lady…. I love the bickering back and forth….love that he constantly refers to her as having “class”…. I simply love the relationship they have whether they are Hot or Cold at the moment.  I think you will be surprised at just how much you will LOVE Hop in this book.  I know some people grew to dislike him in previous books after what went down with his ex wife. 
  On again / off again… I just wanted to SCREAM at the top of my lungs.  Both of them acting foolish at times.   I won’t lie the last few chapters almost killed me! 
Don’t get me wrong there is still a lot of work to be done by Chaos in this one as they are still fighting a war with Belova.   Yes our faves are in this one too….even a few Fave cops from Mystery Man and a few names from Rock Chicks….aka…Nightingale Investigations.  I had SO MANY FAVE parts highlighted in this book.  I could have a few pages of Fave quotes……. I will leave you with this one by Lanie….being towards the end of the book when TACK finally  finds them in bed together and having a discussion with them .... “You need to leave” I ordered.  “I need to go ape-shit on my old man and I’m not wearing any underwear”.  Tack burst out laughing. 
Kristen once again BLEW THE EPILOUGE  out of the water.  FIVE STARS KA! 

KA has been a top FAVE author since I read the very first Rock Chicks book and every book in every series there after.  Just when I think she can’t make me love her more….she does!  

No comments:

Post a Comment