Monday, September 16, 2013

Oldies.....but goodies.....

Some of you know that before this Ramblings from Beneath the Sheets Blog, and my FB Blog https://www.facebook.com/ramblingsfromthesheets- I started out with just a "Group" under my personal FB page and it was called "Books and a Beer".... Yeah I know... Maybe I should have transferred that name over to this one.... Anyway, that page started because of my love of reading and friends always asking me what they should read next.  So, on that page I have TONS of books that I have recommended over the year and feel like some of those need to be brought over to this new blog page.  I mean there are PLENTY of authors with KICK ASS books out there, that often don't get the Pimping they need once their book falls off the "New Release" lists.  And several of those KICK ASS authors do have books in the works that are due to be released soon.  I've tried to showcase a few of my faves over the past week, as well as continuing to show support of my New Authors.  I often feel like I am cheating on my new Author friends when I recommend another book.  Thinking to myself "Oh Fuck...when will the divorce papers show up?"  "She is for sure dumping me after this pimp out".....

Every author starts out in the same boat.  I've said this before and I'll continue to say it.  It takes us the readers, us the bloggers and just that one person taking a chance on each other.  For the authors to get the likes they need and the books bought that they have spent hours and hours - blood, sweat and tears on writing for us to enjoy.  We may not always think they are 5 star reads.  But, that in no way means, we as readers should start bashing such authors.  They do want Honest reviews.... in a nice way.   

It's so hard for me to write reviews some times.  Only because I DON'T DO SPOILERS and when writing my reviews it's often hard to NOT mention something.  I am trying my best to go to Goodreads and Amazon and leave a review.  Whether it's a 5 star review or a 3 star...they want to hear from us.  Amazon and I have a love/hate relationship, because my reviews often get kicked back due to my "language".  UGH!  I have a fucking sailors mouth, I can't help my word of choice is FUCK!  

It not only takes, word of mouth, to get authors names out there it goes the same for us bloggers. Each of us are different in our own ways, but still striving for the same thing.  We love to read and want to spread the word of our Fave's!  It's not a competition..... and those that try to make it that... well they just suck balls!    It's not about who has the most likes or author friends etc.  I think it's simply about sharing our passion...... BOOKS!  I have hundreds of bloggers I follow on FB and have found new and interesting things from each of them that I may not have known or seen from somewhere else.  And trust me... I've one clicked MANY books by following these bloggers.  Amazon and I are Best Friends  =) 


I have also said that I didn't start this blog to get free stuff from anyone.  I didn't sign up to ask for free books or arc copies... all that is a Bonus!  The free swag/books I have been offered will be for the purpose of Exactly what it is meant for... giveaways!  I have no problem buying a signed copy of a book for my personal book shelf just like every one else.  

My style may not be for everyone and I am sure my language turns people away. I am not going to sugar coat anything.  I am the way I am....  I am sarcastic, I cuss, I drink beer, I say things I probably shouldn't, I'm Kinky, I am NOT vanilla and I read!  I.READ.A.LOT!  Nothing you can say or do will turn my head and walk the other way.... My besties know who I am.  Hell, the reason I am besties with a few are because they are the exact same as me.  Then again, opposites attract and I have a few besties that....well let's be honest... are Vanilla!  But I love them!  

I totally fan girl when an author I LOVE likes my page or pimps me out on theirs. Ya'll know I totally fan girled when Jade C Jamison pimped me.  Watch out Jade... I have a girl crush on you and if I see you at a signing in the future...It's ON =)   Like I said...it's helping each other.  Connecting with some authors on a personal level has been the Highlight of all this.  If I could be Besties with all of them I would.... Hey... I can share <wink wink>  Hit me up!  =) 

I must absolutely say thank you to Author Andrea Smith.  She and I have quickly become friends thanks to FB and I've said this before.  She has taken a chance on me and I am forever grateful to her.  Not only does she rock as an author - she rocks as a friend!  She and I talk every day and I am excited to be working with her at her first Author signing next year and hope that will lead to even more Author signings with her.  I've also been asked to help Admin her FB pages.  It's new to both of us and we will learn the ropes together.  I am determined to make her a STAR!  


Another quick thank you goes out to a new Author- Cleo Scornavacca.  She messaged me and gave me my first ever ARC for an honest review of her book Miss Taken.   I see great things in her future as well.  Thank you Cleo for taking a chance on me too =)  

See, I have been rambling..... I often have a lot to say and my brain just keeps going on and on...  so I guess the purpose of this was to say.... I am going to be pimping out some "oldies, but goodies" in the up and coming days.  Pulling out some stuff from my old blog and throwing it out to you on the new blog. Go like the author pages.... share the author pages... share my blog page....Lot's of exciting things are coming our way via Ramblings from Beneath the Sheets... I promise you!  

Now, go one click a book and fall in love - one page at a time! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment