Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Who We Are (FireNine 2) by Shanora Williams

Well.... GAGE "The Rock God" Grendel is back! With that being said..... 



This is going to be a short review.  I LOVED book one in this series.  And I have said this before - Not every book I love - will be everyone's favorite and not every book someone else Loves - will be mine.  I am giving this one 3 stars.....

I went into this book - EXCITED.... and I enjoyed it.... I just felt like I needed more.... like it was missing something.  

This one picks up 8 months after Eliza leaves Gage- breaking his heart. Both are clearly dealing with the awful breakup and their emotions over losing each other.   Gage is still angry, pissed off and clearly still in love with Eliza.  Even thought, he won't admit it right away.  Eliza is meeting up with her father Ben at the concert (she's going back home with Ben) Eliza is clearly having anxiety at seeing Gage after all this time....knowing she ripped his heart out when she left him months earlier.  It's when she hears this in the stadium that she knows.....just how bad she hurt him...

"This girl... I know she's here right now. She really broke my F'ng heart. I f'd up; she let me go. I opened up to her; she closed off on me... I want her to know tonight how bad she f'd me over- how hurt I was when I watched her leave. Not only did she break my heart, but she took the pieces with her."

Eliza is given a job interning that Gage helped her get and it's then that the two of them realize they still love each other and so while he is on break from touring they give it another shot. They open up about their feelings to one another.   Their reunion is full of spark and love and great sex. =)  I mean the chemistry is clearly still there..... 

  But, it's not HEA right away...one minute they are happy and in love again and then next....it's 2 years later... I was like WTC just happened??? I should have known something was up when he said to her "Eliza, I love you.  No matter what"..... My heart ached.....It was Gage who walked away this time and I wanted to find him and beat the crap out of him.  Then we find out he's engaged to the evil bitch Penelope.  

Penelope doesn't make it easy for them.  Gage falls into a depression and clearly his music is showing it.  

In the end though....SW does give us our HEA.... just took them some heart ache and sadness along the way.   We have to deal with the death of a loved one in this...... I was mad at Eliza then I'd be mad at Gage through out this book.  

I'm excited though to read about Roy and Montana one day.  =-)  

** "I love you, Eliza"  "You're the first girl I've ever loved outside of family and I've been going fucking crazy over you.  You don't understand how much I need you.  How much I miss you.  You were all I had, but I.....I fucked up"  

** "You're my first love.  I'm in love with you and I always will be.  But when it comes down to my family and my band, no one can get in between that.  Family always comes first.  My band is like blood.  I'll do whatever I can for my sister - for the band.  And if it means letting this go for now... I have to.  We can't do this right now, Eliza.  I can't let Penelope win.  I'll find a way out of it.... It'll just take me some time.  You can't hold this against me."  


No comments:

Post a Comment