Thursday, September 12, 2013

Miss Taken by Cleo Scornavacca Due out this Fall!

I received this ARC from the author for an honest review........ I DON'T DO SPOILERS!  So, I will try my best to review this in a way that you can see how much I enjoyed it, but not letting you know the little twists and turns =) 

For the Authors debut, I think she did a GREAT job.

Here we go -

This story grabbed my attention from the first few pages.  We are introduced to the Medici family.  We have the Big shot lawyer -father Victor and his identical twin daughters Rain and Raven. Their mother has passed away a few years earlier.   Rain is the main character in the book and is a professional photographer.  Her twin sister Raven, followed in her fathers footsteps and is a lawyer as well.  She works for her fathers firm : Kane & Medici.   We have Michael (also a lawyer) who is Raven's fiance and the brother of Tommy who is Rain's Best Friend/Room mate.  Tommy and Rain have been Best friends since childhood and have their Photography business together.  He is her "protector" and trust me.... I fell in love with him from the moment she called him on around page 8 of the ARC copy.  That conversation was Freaking Fantastic!  <3

Sounds like a three ring circus right?

Well, the DRAMA starts when Rain is leaving for her beloved trip to Italy. Mistaken identity!  When she is kidnapped by mistake.  The kidnapper thinks she is her twin sister Raven..... Enters the mystery man.  Later finding out his name is Dominick Vane.  And yes, he too is a lawyer.  And through Dominick, we meet this lovely older couple Anna & Joseph and you just fall in love with their sweet, kind selves.  Totally opposite of Dominick a.k.a. Mr Selfish or The Fucking Viper.  He is very much a powerful, domineering alpha male.  His reasons for this... Revenge.  He wants his father's part of the firm-  Kane & Medici back...... 

Rain quickly discovers he thinks she is Raven and goes along with it. She won't let anyone hurt her family.  Even though she isn't sure why he wants to hurt her family.  Little did she know, that she would quickly start to fall for Dominick.  When he realizes the truth, that she is the twin sister... he starts to feel something for her too.  He becomes protective and controlling.  Can his over the top, domineering, selfish, need for control,  hurt his chances of a HEA with Rain?  You will have to one click this when it goes LIVE and find out!  


It's a story of Trust and love and heartache at times.  It's a roller coaster of- on again off again emotions in this relationship.  It has mystery and some OMG moments.  And let me tell you.... the BIG BANG moment... I didn't see coming!  There is also some humor.  Like when she first gets kidnapped and asks what his name is and he says "Dominick" in his serious "I AM IN CHARGE" voice and then she is all like "can I call you "Nick or Nicky"  bahahahha  

 Rain is stubborn and hard headed and feisty at times and that's why I loved her character. She is probably the only one who stands up to Dominick.   Dominick and I had a love/hate relationship.  You will see why.... 

I really connected with the story of her rose tattoo.  Hit home for me.  <3  There is a slight cliffhanger..... but don't all the good ones have that!  

I will leave you with a quote from Dominick during one of the times I was loving him...
"I am glad you feel that way, Rain.  Something beautiful and delicate should always be treated with care"  shortly after saying this,  he kisses her.........SWOONING  <3  

Like I said, I received and Advanced copy from the author for an honest review and honestly, I think it was GREAT!  I can't wait to see where book two will take us.  With all that being said..... Case Closed!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment