Monday, August 17, 2015

Amy's ARC review of Emphatic by Kaylee Ryan



Synopsis


There comes a point in your life where you have to say enough is enough. 

I wasted my college years on a guy who played with my head, played with my heart. I was blinded by the fairytale, the one that didn’t exist.

The day I gave up on the idea of happily ever after, my focus became me. Moving forward and establishing my career. 

Until one day…

I didn’t expect him. My new boss, a six foot two, inked rock god. I believed I was working for the record label, I was wrong.

It’s impossible for me to keep my distance, believe me I’ve tried. He’s not who I expected him to be. He’s so much more he’s…Emphatic



Expected to release on August 25th.


3.5 stars

Logan has been on and off again with Daniel for three long years. Daniel constantly goes through the phases of needing a break which is code for he needs to get his man parts into another hot piece rather than Logan. Daniel is giving Logan the same speech just as college graduation is around the corner and this time she is done. 
With the arrival of her parents, her younger brother Jase and her best friend Stacy’s parents Jase produces an envelope that contains a week in Hawaii for the girls before entering post graduation adult hood. Stacy has gotten a job as a teacher and Logan finally gets an offer from Stone Records as a personal assistant. After their week in paradise the girls are ready to roll into new found life as single ladies making their own way. 

Enjoying paradise has all of the perks, especially hot men, one specifically named Michael. Giving fake names to Michael, Paige (Logan) isn’t the fling type of girl. Michael has been the perfect gentleman all week and Logan knows she needs to avoid the beautiful man. She wants to be with him but isn’t sure that is a good idea. She and Stacy are leaving in two days. If Logan can avoid him it would be best. However Michael seems to think otherwise. He admits to Logan (Paige) that his life is complicated but he doesn’t want to leave without knowing how it feels to have all of her. He doesn’t want a fling but he also knows it will be difficult to stay in touch. Taking a chance BOTH Paige and Michael have the night of their life. 
Returning to reality Logan sets in to her first day at Stone Records. Meeting Cassidy and Mr. Jones they both seem bewildered that Logan is a girl. Kacen Warren lead singer of Soul Serenade had specifically asked for the next assistant to be a male. His band mates Tristan, Gavin, and Cole seem to run the females off after giving them hope of a more than a fling. The banter between those three is really funny upon meeting Logan but the girl takes it and gives it back like a champ! 

Worried that her job is gone before it even begins Mr. Jones agrees to speak to Kacen before he meets Logan after picking him up from the airport. Upon his arrival Kacen whispers the name Paige while Logan whispers the name Michael. 

And there ya go …. Have fun! This is a light easy read. There is some tragedy, lots of happiness and a good story line. This is a great book to click up and carry along when heading out to the patio to throw your feet up and drink some coffee. Summer is winding down and we are heading into my favorite season. There are tons of good reads out there and this is one of them. Click it up ladies. Good job Ms. Ryan! 

 I was gifted an ARC for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment