Thursday, February 4, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Timeless by Brynley Bush



Marcus Dunn came into my life ten years ago and possessed me body and soul, introducing me to a world of dark and forbidden pleasures before disappearing without a word. 
I’ve never forgiven him. 
Or forgotten him. 

Walking away from Ariana McKnight was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. 
But running into her after all these years, handcuffed to a spanking bench, has me forgetting everything I promised myself ten years ago. 
I still can’t have her. 
But I can’t stay away. 

One tough FBI agent who longs to give her power away—just not to him. 
One former Navy SEAL who wants to take it, but can offer her nothing in return. 
One snowbound weekend in the middle of nowhere with no choice but to resolve their unfinished business. 

***STANDALONE NOVELLA *** (Black Brothers series)









Timeless
Brynley Bush
3.5 stars

This is a new author to me and the story isn’t bad so let's just start with that -- its very short of course as a novella usually is. However Im not sure what Im missing here or if Im not missing anything and just didn’t get the jist of what was going on. This is obviously a novella of a trilogy that I have not read. I was sent the ARC and it claims it’s a standalone but again it let me somewhat confused as to who was who and what had happened. I felt I was missing a huge piece of the puzzle. 

Ariana has gone on a mission to finally give herself something she feels she deserves although she isn’t sure if heading down he BDSM road is that road. Taking a chance she throws caution to the wind and heads to where she believes she can replace what she wanted ten years ago with Marcus. Being and FBI agent this is taking a huge chance and putting herself out there in her personal life isn’t something she does. Heading to a remote location she hopes she can find her way. 
Marcus is a successful lawyer and will never forget Ari – he walked away from the best thing he had ever laid eyes on her  knowing he could offer her nothing. His entire world explodes when that girl walks back through the doors ten years later. 

This story is really short and there is a lot of sexy time .. BUT I needed a deeper story of the characters and less sexy time. Yes I said it … personally ladies its hard for me to connect with the characters and the events that are overcoming or trying to better themselves by fixing if all they are doing is sexy time … so maybe if I had known more prior to reading this … Im not sure. But if you are a fan of the Black Brothers then definitely click this up. Me – I need more story and more depth and a back story. The writing for fans of the Black Brothers is definitely a keeper and again it's not a bad story. I just didn’t know the full gamete of what had happened. Im certain these two characters would have meant more to me if I had. 

Thank you for the ARC! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 


No comments:

Post a Comment