Monday, February 8, 2016

Amy's 4 star ARC Review of Dirty Bad Secrets by Jade West





It’s been three years since I set foot in Club Explicit, and three long years since I set eyes on Andy Morgan.
He doesn’t want me here, doesn’t want to know me, doesn’t want to even hear my name.
But I’m back on his doorstep, in his office, in his life… with a suitcase full of dirty bad secrets.

Faye Devere is out to claim her old life back. Three years in Italy have come at a heavy price, and she’s running back to the only anchor she has left: her fifty-fifty share of Club Explicit, and the man she left to pick up her pieces.
But Andy Morgan’s long over it. Long over her.
Club Explicit is his baby now. His club, his rules, his way.
Andy’s not a man who shares easily. And certainly not with the woman who upped and left without so much as a goodbye.

When your battlefield is London’s horniest playground, and sex is the sole weapon left in your arsenal, it’s only a matter of time before the fight gets dirty… and the secrets get dirty bad.

WARNING: As is always the case with Jade West novels, please proceed with caution. The book contains hardcore BDSM and sexual practices that may offend some readers. Please use your own discretion. Most definitely 18+ on
 



Dirty Bad Secrets
Jade West
4 stars

I have not read the first books in this series so I don’t know if I have missed things or not. At times it felt like I did but I don’t know that it was pressing. As you all know I do like to know the backstory on all of the characters regardless of the role they play; big or small; in the next released book. 

Andy Morgan and Faye Devere opened Explicit together. Running the club and things going well at least that is what Andy thought, Faye left with a peep leaving Andy to keep everything floating above water. The strong man that Andy is refuses to let Faye just sway back into the club like nothing happened. Three years he continued to put his life into this club without her help or much less her even communicating. Now Faye is back on the club's doorstep saying it's her right to be there. As far as Andy is concerned she can tuck her tail and head back to Italy and Vincent. She left him for the man and now she can make her bed and lay in whatever mess she has created for herself without dragging Andy into it. He wants no part of her or her drama – however he also knows she is right – she is part owner and he can't make her leave but he can make things very difficult for her and trap her at her own game. 

Faye is on the run after being destroyed by Vincent. Getting as far away from the man she thought was for her is the only thing she can do to save herself. However she knows the only place for her to go is back to Explicit. Andy has to take her back in as she is still part owner of the club. He won't have a choice. Game on … 

This is a really strong BDSM read. There is a warning at the beginning of the book. Even for me this was a rough read and I found myself having to skim some of the events that took place. As a review though I need to focus on the writing and the characters so let me say there is where the higher rating came from. Although the genre wasn’t for me the writing is very very strong. The secondary characters are just as good. You can feel Andy and Faye’s pain, resistance and almost see their minds working. If you are a fan of the series you are going to love this one as I am told they became more explicit as the series developed. But .. again if you are not a favorite of BDSM than I suggest you move away from this one. 

ARC provided – thank you. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 





No comments:

Post a Comment