Sunday, February 28, 2016

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of Sparrow by L. J. Shen




Troy Brennan

Every southie in Boston knows that name. The son of a dead mobster. The heart throb with steel blue eyes. "The Fixer" who can make or break you in this city. 

Oh, and my new husband. 

Sparrow Raynes

That's me. No one seemed to remember my name up until he barged into my life. 
But then he caged me.
Kidnapped me.
And killed every chance I had to runaway from the place where we grew up.
Put simply, Troy Brennan clipped my wings.

I have dreams, big ones, but I doubt he'd ever let me chase them. I have no idea why he'd decided to take me as his wife. But I do know this: pissing off this man will not do me any good. At all.

Sparrow is a standalone, full-length novel. It contains graphic violence and adult situations some may find offensive







Sparrow
L. J. Shen
4.5 stars

Oh my gawd. Where has this author been? Troy Brennan and Sparrow Raynes … what?!?!?! Thank the lord there is NO cliffhanger because I would be dying. The mob life .. yes! LOL! --The same as all the others out there .. definitely NOT!

Sparrow Raynes was your everyday woman. She was considered “nothing special.” Catapulted into a life with Troy Brennan was NOT something she wanted. The life he led was not for her and molding herself into fitting in his realm was nothing short of impossible for Sparrow. This is one sassy woman and I loved her. She fought for herself and who she was but as she fought the more she was drawn to the man who held her captive. Betraying her husband would not be a something that would not draw punishment. Her “wings” were permanently clipped and somehow she needed to survive the path that was laid out to her. 

Troy Brennan is not angel but his life in the mob has been quite different than the road his father has taken. He is the heir to the Irish Mob but his only desire is to marry one woman .. Sparrow Raynes. Troy is a swinging pendulum unleashing a rage of destruction when needed. Troy’s snippy remarks are not lost on Sparrow as she has her own way of not allowing Troy to get the upper hand at times. This was very entertaining to say the least! LOVED IT! 

I really enjoyed this book which is crazy because it's not blood and gore mob mayhem. It was great to see these two characters grow together and into themselves. I love the story line and the thoughts we are privy to that are running through both Troy and Sparrows minds. Im so excited that we received an ARC as this was a great read for me. 

Thank you L.J. – love this read! Go click this baby up! Im going to go back and click up California Love which I hear is incredible. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment