Sunday, February 14, 2016

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of First Comes Love by Emily Goodwin




First comes love. 
Then comes marriage. 
Then comes a— 

Hold up. You’re joking right? As if life works off a neat little list like that, moving down, checking things off before jumping to the next task. We’re not married. We’re not lovers. Hell, we’re hardly even friends. Noah Wilson isn’t exactly “life partner” material, and he sure as hell isn’t “father material”. He’s my older brother’s best friend, and has been off limits, sworn off, locked in the highest tower and out of reach since we met over ten years ago. With his devilish good looks, tattoos, motorcycle, and trail of broken hearts and tears, I’ve had good reason to stay away from the bad boy my mother warned me about. 

Until one night. One stupid, regrettable night that changed both of our lives forever. And now I only have nine months to decide our fate, to see if Noah’s rebel heart is capable of anything more than a one night stand. 

This isn’t a love story. This is a life story. And life doesn’t go according to plan.














First Comes Love 
Emily Goodwin
4.5 stars

This is a sweet read and I enjoyed it. Sometimes its good for me to throw these types of story lines into my more harsh genre that I read non stop. Its brings some goodness back into the dark alpha murder motorcycle mafia mayhem. LOL! 

This is a brothers best friend romance that brings on a bunch of responsibility from a one night stand which dang girl! So although there was no killing going on in this read there are motorcycles, tattoos and bad men that are sooo good. HA!

Noah and Lauren share a night that brings on a life of its own. A few drinks later she finds herself all wrapped up in the one man that she has been told to stay away from. Noah has had his eyes set on Lauren for a long time but knows she is the ONE woman that is off limits. 

Being thrown together by unexpected circumstances they find themselves going down a rocky road of trying find out what the right thing is for both of them. I loved the banter between the two. This story could have been written into a serious brooding romance of tears and trials but the author took this in the right directions and made it into a search for love and finding the one for you. The story was a great read and a light hearted read. It was emotional at times but not over the top, it was steamy and times but in the right realm of what the characters had been through, it was romantic and funny in all the right places. 

This is a great read to click up for a feel good read especially around Valentine’s Day! I love the author and the way she brings the characters to life. It also shows that your plans might not be the plans the big man has in store for you and it's OK! Life is a roller coaster my friends .. we are all just on the track for the ride. LOVE IT! 

Thank you for the ARC! I really enjoyed this book. LOVE LOVE LOVE the characters and the story line. I found myself smiling and laughing which was a great way to end my week. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment