Sunday, February 14, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC review of Trigger (Pericolo) by Kirsty-Anne Still




TRIGGER (The Pericolo Series)
(Can be read as a standalone in the series)

I used to watch her through the lights. I watched as her body turned and twisted as she morphed into my siren.

I wanted her—I craved every ounce of Ryleigh Turner. But I knew once I had her, all I would do was corrupt every inch of her pretty little soul.

Valentinos aren't made for tales of love. We star in the horror stories you fear.

We're the monsters that make you scared to ever hope again.

It's time that she realises that.

****

He's watched me for months, given me every reason to allow my curiosity to start killing me slowly.

He makes the world melt away; he makes me want to throw all my inhibitions away and greet him personally. But every time the music ends and the lights lift, he vanishes, crushing my hopes.

Until one day, a moment of chance happens.

How does a man like Dante Valentino cope with a woman as messed up as me?

Easy.

I let him have every inch of my tainted soul.

***

Not all love stories have a beautiful start.
Some just need a perfect trigger.

**This is a dark romance with intense scenes of murder and sex. There is coarse language used throughout. Not for the faint hearted.
 (less)







3.5 stars

Trigger is part of a series if I understand correctly but can be read as a stand alone. It wasn’t bad in the sense of no connection of back characters etc but I was kind of lost in the story line. It’s a novella within the series and maybe I needed more to get the full effect of what was going on. 
Ryleigh was a strong leading female character with a lot of boom to her. She seems to accept the life she walks into and accept Dante for who he is. I had trouble though seeing her as the tough character she was written as but then taking and being hurt by some of the things Dante spat her way once her heart started getting thrown into the mix. 

On the flip side Dante is the biggest stand-off full of himself male that I have read in a long time. I love a strong male lead but not to the point of that it becomes more of an eye roll that no self respecting strong woman would take his junk. The two parts of Ryleigh just didn’t mix well with his stupid ways. There was a lot of push and pull between the characters leaving me frustrated at times when I wished Ryleigh would just kick in him the balls and move on. 

The tense and drama in the story is good as far as mafia reads go but the characters left me a little confused. I thought Dante had met his match but was somewhat left down by how Ryleigh seemed to morph into a different person on and off throughout the book. 

Thank you for the ARC and click it up – I love to hear how everyone else feels. Just because it wasn’t my favorite doesn’t mean it wont be yours! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment