Monday, March 7, 2016

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Killer by Heather C Leigh





UnthinKable. UnimagInable.  UndeniabLe.  UnforgivabLe.  SalvageablE.  Redeemable.  

Ten years ago, their lives shattered to pieces...
And he's the KILLER that has to live with it.

Two people. One incident. Interwoven between two damaged souls in ways they don't understand.  



***

"The fact I feel anything should let me know I’m headed in the wrong direction, headed down a path of darkness, destruction, and failure. A path that will dig out memories so painful I’ve created an entire persona to avoid dealing with them. Yet I know—I’m going down that path headfirst no questions asked, no matter the outcome.
I might be a monster, but I’m a selfish one."—Keller Keating

"When his strength envelops me, every wrong becomes right, every anxiety melts away, every doubt disappears. I feel calm, safe, whole. The spark of life that’s been missing inside burns bright, lighting me up like a solar flare, sizzling white-hot through my veins. Keller brings me out of the darkness and into the light."—Britton Reeves






Killer
5 stars
Heather C. Leigh 

Keller Keating is an arrogant wealthy senior in HS. We meet him partying from the get go on page one and I wanted to slap him. Out partying on Friday, Keller finally makes his way home in the wee hours of the morning to the house he hates. The only reason he keeps coming back there is his baby sister. Arriving at his house not noticing the police car … Killer is born. 

Britton has been best friends since second grade with Reece Fielding. Both of their fathers are executives at the same Fortune 500 company in Atlanta and both are good girls. Taking off down the hall after goodbyes Britt is determined to see her Friday eye candy; Keller Keating. Missing Keller she accidentally bumps into a girl she hasn’t ever seen before; Kinsey. Chatting, while waiting for their rides, a van fishtails into the parking lot and out steps the worst possible nightmare you can imagine. The girls need to run and run now. 

Wowza right … you know it. This book is intense. The first few chapters may seem somewhat confusing but you will get the reasons behind them being implemented as they are as soon as you hit Chapter 3. There is so much tragedy in the first two chapters you are going to find yourself thinking what the hell else can happen to these two characters. 

Chapter 3 takes us to ten years later. And you will have to read to find out the rest. I just cannot tell you how fantastic of a story is woven on these pages. Wrecked, damaged, traumatized … all of these words describe the wounds you will feel in yourself as you continue to flip the pages. 

Heather Leigh is a new author to me and I am so happy to have read Killer. Brilliant writing … I will say the “incident” somewhat had my stomach churning due to my Profession (which I can't tell you or that to me would be a spoiler of what happens – my everyday job I should say). But you will understand once you click it up. It’s the worst imaginable event you would fear that we have seen happen numerous times already. 

I look forward to reading more from Heather. I hope that we hear more about Reece, Britton's best friend eventually. I'm also going to need a story on Sawyer North and Jackson Wolfe! Yup! Thank you for the ARC! Great writing. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment