Friday, December 30, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Redeemed by Brie Paisley






Jason
I’ve lived in total darkness for as long as I can remember. A dangerous place where pain, love, not even remorse was felt. My world was filled with blood and death until the day I met Karen. Little by little she showed me the way out of that darkness, into her light. She was everything I needed and craved. I learned to fight my darkness, wanted the good side of me to win, until old and new enemies threaten to take away everything and everyone I care about. Darkness is winning and I fear the only one that can redeem me is the one I’ll end up hurting more than I thought possible. 
Karen can save me, only if she beats the dark beast inside of me. 



Karen
Control is the one thing I understand the most. It’s the one thing I’ve depended on to keep my fragile heart safe. That was my life until Jason changed everything. He opened up a side of me I thought had disappeared long ago, and the control I needed for so long doesn’t seem so appealing. There’s a void, a hole left inside me now that Jason’s not by my side. I know his demons. I know his dark beast that dwells within him waiting to takeover completely. I’ve seen it, felt it, and when the monster breaks free, I fear for everyone I love. 
He thinks I can save him, but in the end, he’s the only one that can redeem himself. 

*Note: This is the final book of the Worshipped Series and is not intended to be read as standalones.*










Redeemed is the last in the Worshipped series and believe me I wanted to love it. However this series kind of fizzled out for me. I'm not sure why except for that I didn’t feel any connection to the characters and I wasn’t really concerned what had happened or was going to happen. 

Jason wasn’t the character I wanted him to be. Of course he was charming and mysterious and all that jazz but for me there was something missing. I really cant put my finger on it but it just didn’t click with me. I don’t know if it was the storyline of the monster hidden in the shadows wanting to be pulled out of his misery by the beautiful woman or what but it just didn’t hit home. 

Karen was a better character for me than Jason. Her turmoil was more interesting to me and how she was going to handle Jason and his issues. She was his weakness and the one thing that could get him killed. Knowing what he does and knowing the blood that lays on his hands is nothing .. she has seen his demons and is scared of what will happen in the future. 

I did love Julian and there is some drama with Frankie for sure. I also loved Zayla and Marcus along with Mason. Vincent is also one sick man but again I just couldn’t wrap my brain around this one. I tried! However if you loved this series then you will love this release and the how things pan out. 

There is a very intense chapter around 95 percent into the book when everything comes to a head so prepare. 

Thanks for the ARC and the chance to read. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment