Saturday, December 10, 2016

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Absolving His Sins (Trident Security Book 7) by Samantha A Cole





The book Trident Security fans have been waiting for! 

The huntress has become the hunted, in more ways than one. Jordyn Alvarez works for the United States government—a fact no one in authority will admit. She does Uncle Sam’s dirty work. Some might call her an agent, but few know her real title—Assassin. 

Trained by one of the best black operatives in the world, she wants nothing more than to add him to the long list of people she has sent straight to hell. But she doesn’t dare get close to him ever again. If she did, she couldn’t be sure her body wouldn’t betray her once more and wind up in bed with him. But with her cover blown, she may not have a choice. 

Who is he? He’s a ghost. A man with one name—Carter.

The Trident Security Series: 
Book 1 - Leather & Lace (Devon & Kristen) 
Book 2 - His Angel (Ian & Angie) 
Book 3 - Waiting For Him 
Book 3.5 - Not Negotiable: A Novella (Parker & Shelby) 
Book 4 - Topping the Alpha (Jake & Nick) 
Book 5 - Watching From the Shadows (Marco & Harper) 
Book 5.5 - Whiskey Tribute: A Novella (Curt & Dana) 
Book 6 - Tickle His Fancy (Brody & Fancy) 
Book 7 - Absolving His Sins (Carter & Jordyn)

The books of the Trident Security Series can be read as stand-alones, however, for optimum enjoyment they are best read in order.









5 stars

If you are a Trident Security fan then this is the book you have been waiting for. T. Carter – the mysterious man who slips in and out and around in the darkest corners but yet always showing up for food and fun. A black operative – his life swiped clean with no ties and no regrets. 

Jordyn Alvarez was trained by the best. Who is the best? Carter of course … one night .. one mistake? Keeping her head in the game her job is to kill. They are the government's secret. Deimos – the black ops agency that very few know exist. Yet someone has put a target on their back. 
And it begins … 

I have to tell you this was not what I was expecting from our man Carter. I thought his character would be closed off and dark. I thought he would be the suffering soul. Instead we get something else. Something so much more. Something unexpected. And my heart smiled with every word I took in. The gang's all here and what you are getting is sort of a flashback into the present look into Carter’s past – and the men of Trident’s past at times. 

I will tell you if you are keeping up with Mic’s story you might want to read a bit more before you hit the click on this one as I was made aware that there are some spoilers to her story. Therefore not knowing where you are I won't write in much but she is here and I loved her even more than from reading the spin off recently released. 

Trident is not done so don’t worry. There is a new team forming. There are fantastic secondary characters. I think my favorite might be Pierce. Make sure you pay attention to those names. There is one other name that we have been waiting for and it's there. I loved how many names we go through until we get the one … Jordyn started guessing a long time ago and I tracked how many she used in this book .. it was certainly a hoot to see her wicked ways. You get some info on Vicki as well and I think at this moment is when my heart beat harder than it ever has before for Carter. The man is loyal to the core and when he loves you then you are one lucky soul. 

I will tell you that of course I enjoy the sexy times but as a reviewer and a fan I have loved the banter, the relationships, the heart and the souls of the Trident men and those who surround them more. Tiny .. yup Im a huge fan. We all know I love the pups in the stories. All I can say is .. If only the world were like a story we would be so much better off. If only … 

Samantha has broken my heart .. put it back together . .. made me laugh .. made me cry .. filled me with joy and sorrow with this series. It’s a keeper and it's one that will remain forever in my heart. As we continue on with the release of new characters and new series we will continue to always look back and want to know what our men of Trident (which includes Carter and the families) are up to now. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

The Trident Security Series: 
Book 1 - Leather & Lace (Devon & Kristen) 
Book 2 - His Angel (Ian & Angie) 
Book 3 - Waiting For Him 
Book 3.5 - Not Negotiable: A Novella (Parker & Shelby) 
Book 4 - Topping the Alpha (Jake & Nick) 
Book 5 - Watching From the Shadows (Marco & Harper) 
Book 5.5 - Whiskey Tribute: A Novella (Curt & Dana) 
Book 6 - Tickle His Fancy (Brody & Fancy) 
Book 7 - Absolving His Sins (Carter & Jordyn) 

No comments:

Post a Comment