Thursday, December 8, 2016

Amy's 4 star Review of Impossible: The Original Trilogy (Monster, Traitor, and Avenger) (Impossible #1) by Julia Sykes



The first story in the USA Today Best Selling Impossible Series. Monster, Traitor, and Avenger, available in one collection!

My life was irrevocably changed that night; the night I was taken. I saved a man's life, but at what cost to myself? Can I convince him to save me in return?

I hate him for what he's done to me. But the longer I'm trapped with him, the harder it is to cling to that hatred. He is an enigma of a man, one who is shockingly arrogant, sweetly contrite, and frighteningly aggressive by turns. And the pain in his eyes is a mirror for my own.

The longer I remain in his grip, the more confused I become.

Is my freedom worth betraying him?


Note: This series contains strong language and scorching hot sex scenes involving light BDSM.





This release gives us a dual POV of a previously released book. We have Dr. Claudia Ellers and Sean Reynolds. The story starts out with both characters after being kidnapped and hearing Claudia’s thoughts. She turns to see the man she bandaged up the night before laying next to her. Then we switch over to Sean.

Sean is jolted awake but her searing touch. He isn’t sure where he is and doesn’t know who the woman is touching him until Bradley pipes in and jogs his memory. Feisty and sassy the woman quickly reminds him who she is and how ungrateful his friends is for not only kidnapping her after saving his life but chaining her up like an animal. 

Sean is mean and gruff but I liked him. I know that’s not normal and I could easily probably had kidnappers love syndrome. HA! He definitely is an alpha dominant and possessive man. And he certainly gets what he wants. Who wouldn’t want to be kidnapped and owned by this man. 
There is a lot of vi-o-lence with a emphasis on the violence. Holy wow … but again Im a weirdo and I loved it. Some however though it might make you somewhat uncomfortable but if you love the squeamish then this book is for you. YES!

The storyline is very intense hearing it from the dual POV. You get to not only see what Claudia feels but also Sean. I think there is more depth to the man than potentially in the original release maybe? I don’t know but I loved the book. It was gruesome – it was sassy and witty and a little dirty birdy. 

Thank you for the copy Julia. It was a pleasure to read this release! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment