Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of My Holiday Secret by Jackson Kane / Roxy Sinclaire



He's my holiday secret... and if anyone finds out, I'm screwed

I did everything I could to get away from my family, but somehow, I've let my sister drag me home for the holidays. Now that I'm back, everyone expects to finally meet my fiance.

The only problem is I don't have one... he dumped me, and they have no clue.

I can't let them find out I'm single. Luckily, after a one night stand with a bad boy bouncer—the chiseled and grizzled Vance Mathis—I've got a plan: Hire him to be my fiance for the family Christmas party.

When he pulls that mistletoe out of his pocket I know he's only looking to jingle my bells. Even so... it's getting harder and harder to keep my hands off of him.

I only wanted him to play pretend, but after our not-so-silent night together...

I'm starting to want something real.

Releases Dec 20th. 





Ok so heck yes this was a hilarious but wowza read. Not hilarious in the haha funny way but in the dear gosh yes … everyone is on high octane no holds barred pain in the butt mode instead of being happy and welcoming the holiday spirit inside with joy. 

Abby needs a stand in for her long gone finance Chris. Clubbing with her sister for her soon to be last night of freedom before she marries the “creeper dude she is engaged to” her sister suggest finding replacement. Waving off the suggestion Abby and the girls move out to the dance floor only to find Abby eventually alone and being touched by three men who she doesn’t want to be touched by – 

Vance does what he does best and lays out the ass-hats putting their unwelcoming hands on the girl he saw earlier. As he is leaving he club she is still stranded outside waiting for a ride. Hummmm …. What now. 

And it begins – this is one intense read with one intense man. The secondary characters are just as good. Abby’s mom … dear god .. thank you … that’s all Im going to say because I was waiting for someone to put the boom on her. Unexpected was the fight that occurred at Abby’s house after the runaway boat and Jessie. But again perfect … Confused .. oh you won't be when you click this excellent Christmas read up. 

By the way the cover is spot on ... SPOT ON. Its perfect and actually what drew me to reading this one. Brilliant choice. 

I read it quickly in one sitting by the fire. This is a definite for you Christmas reading list. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment