Wednesday, April 22, 2015

My Review of Fight For Her Volume 1 by JJ Knight 3 stars



Buy Link ----> http://amzn.to/1GhRkcV
.99

Synopsis - 

What do you do when you’ve just lost everything? 

You fight. 

For four years, I’ve been punching and kicking my way through hundreds of unworthy MMA opponents. 

For four years, I’ve kept seeing her face. Maddie’s face. My one great love. 

After a brutal cage match that sent me to the ER, Maddie took off across the country. Six months pregnant. She left to have my baby as far from me as she could. No more violence, she said. No fighting. 

I had to live with it. I had no choice. 

But last night I got a phone call from my little girl, asking me to come to her fourth birthday party. Her friends all have daddies, she said. Would I be hers? 

Damn right I will. 

I decide that when I get to New York, I’m not going to care about Maddie. I’m not going to even look at her. 

But I do. And the moment I see her again, I know one thing is true. 

This ain’t over.



My Review ---->

I didn't read the Uncaged series prior to this.  Apparently, we meet Parker "Power Play" in it.  With that being said, I don't think it mattered.  I enjoyed this first installment of this serial.  It was a chronicle of sorts, of Parker and his decision to fight to be in his daughters life or continue to do what he loves - MMA fighting.

It was a fairly quick read.   We get a little backstory on his relationship with Maddie and how they ended up where there are today.  Hundreds of miles apart - 4 years later.  Parker struggles when the guilt sets in and it becomes a bit too much.  When a decision is made to go visit Lily for her 4th bday, the chemistry and attraction is still there when he and Maddie see each other.  

The story moved a tad too fast for me.  I wished for a little more anticipation and angst.  You definitely feel the love he has for Maddie and Lily.  The struggles he encounters as far as what he needs to do to be a part of their lives again.  If you enjoy a fast paced love story.... then this is for you. 

This does end with a little cliffhanger.  




No comments:

Post a Comment