Sunday, April 19, 2015

Amy's Review of Luca by Gina Whitney 5 screaming stars!

Luca by Gina Whitney





Synopsis 
Pyromania is an impulse control disorder in which individuals repeatedly fail to resist impulses to deliberately start fires, in order to relieve tension or for instant gratification. 

Damon DeLuca, or Luca as they called him. I thought of him more as Damien, the fucking devil within these walls that now is my life. Dark, broody, and deadly to any woman. Mind-blowing, soul-shaking, raw sex appeal. He was a tall statured boy with broad shoulders and a pair of green eyes that set my soul on fire. His inky black hair framed his hard, chiseled features. He had the type of body that had no business being on a seventeen-year-old. I knew that once he fully developed, he'd be nothing short of drop-dead gorgeous. As I said...deadly on the eyes...and dangerous for your heart. 
My name is Allison. I met Luca through an unfortunate event when we were younger. I’m now twenty-four, and this is my story. My fucked up life. It's not a pretty one. Then again, the most interesting ones aren't...are they? This isn't your usual love story. Anything but. There are no blue skies, rainbows, or unicorns. Only him...my own personal arsonist. He had the ability to set my panties on fire, leave my body smoldering, and turn my heart into burning embers. He scared the hell out of me, made me feel. He opened my eyes to the world of twisted love. But love no less. This 
scary, beautiful man stole my heart from a young, tender age and refused to give it back. Here’s our story… 
This story is deep, dark, and deals with real scars and growth because of them. 
*****Cliffhanger*****


Buy Link





Review-

This is hands down one of Ms. Whitney’s best books. WOW – intense is not a strong enough word to describe the heartache and sorrow that she puts us through in book one of this series. Allison knew the minute she sees Luca he will be her downfall. How can that be? She feels filthy and ashamed. How could she not as her body betrayed her during the rape. Luca is dangerous for her yet his pain makes her feel alive and whole. Luca is drawn to truth that lies in fire. His father has put him here in this rehab center to confess his sins and prepare to immerse himself into the family business. Luca has secrets of his own; secrets Allison can never know and he will never let the so called rocker Oliver touch what is his. His addiction is Oliver’s addiction. He knows this the minute he sees them. Archer was right to leave it as he never wanted his father involved and he will do whatever it takes to protect her. He will have her at any costs. Allison knows she shouldn’t feel love or anything for Luca. She needs to find her way out of her darkness but Luca is piecing her back together. Until ……. This is a uphill looping roller coaster page turner. There is betrayal, lies, love and loss in this one. The Cliff hanger will leave you banging your head into the nearest solid surface. I advise you to one click this one and then torment yourself until late summer when we are gifted the next book “I Love the Way you Lie.” Great job Ms. Whitney – 5 screaming stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment