Saturday, April 25, 2015

My ARC review of Binge (7 year Itch #1) by Jennifer Foor

**I received an ARC for an honest review**


Synopsis-
Flynn & Aria Roberts have had plenty of ups and downs during their seven year marriage. Everyone warned them not to wed so young - that they'd be missing out on the key years when people grow from young adults to mature individuals.

The only thing holding them together now is their love for each other, and even that is becoming questionable. To save the marriage, and the family they've already started, Flynn and Aria come up with an unconventional solution to help them find what's missing in their relationship.

The only problem is doing so involves rediscovering themselves completely, even if it requires them to be unfaithful. Can a marriage survive when vows are broken, or will chance encounters prove they've been missing out all-along?

Fulfill your deepest desires
Give in to temptation
 (less)


My Review ---

Hmmmmm.......... where do I begin.  I LOVE Jennifer's books.... All of them....however, this one left me with mixed feelings.

While I did enjoy the concept she was writing about, I felt that there was too many things/situations "repeated".  It was a hot/cold relationship between Flynn and Aria.  One minute they love each other and are having hot sex and then the next they hate each other and want a divorce.  Aria being the worse in the whole book.  I actually  - almost - DNF because I was tired of the way Aria was during the story.  Same thing over and over.  

There was one scene in particular - towards the beginning - that after I read it - I was left confused.  Was it a dream.... was it real?  I had to go back and read over it thinking I had missed something.  (A fantasy of sorts)

I did find that the story actually touched base on things I am sure many married couples go through. It was "relatable".  Many of the situations I am sure some readers will be like "Omg that is so true" etc.   I just think - it was too "all over the place" for me and sometimes felt I was getting whiplash with the back and forth between the two of them. 


SO, sadly it wasn't a fave of mine by this author.  3.5 stars for the concept of the story.  
4 stars for the sex.  But just because I didn't LOVE it doesn't mean you won't.  If there is a second book would I read it?  Yes.   That's just how I roll.  ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment