Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Lost & Bound by Tara Hart




2 years 
38 weeks 
4 days 

That’s how long I've been here. Captive. Frightened. Alone. 
The little human contact I receive is not what I crave. It's not a friend’s comforting arm or my mother’s swift kiss. It's rough contact—forced, and familiar for all the wrong reasons. I don’t want him there, but I’m powerless to stop him. He says that he owns me and that I am his. 
“Emmy,” he calls me. That’s not my name, but as more time passes I’m starting to forget things. 
What is my name? Where am I from? Who was I before I came here? 

6 days 
11 hours 
14 minutes 

That’s how long I’ve known Callum, and already, I trust him with my life. I was so sure I would never crave another man, but he challenges everything I thought I knew— everything I felt. 
He says that he’ll save me. I believe him. 
He calls me “Leila.” It sounds like a name that belongs to me and it reminds me of a past I was starting to forget. 
The escape is planned and my fate is in his hands, but if this doesn’t work, what will become of me? 


WARNING: This book contains disturbing situations, graphic depictions of rape, strong language and violence.










3.5 stars

Leila and Callum – this is a dark dark read so if you don’t care for those don’t pick it up. This book focuses on human trafficking, selling of women and rape. 
Callum needs to save the woman he sees. The man can't leave her. 

Emmy is not the name she was given but it's what she is being called. The man she just met she trust more than she has ever trusted anyone. She remembers nothing. She was held captive for over two years and her life started to fade. But this man who she has only known a short time says he wants to save her and gives her hope. After all this time she doesn’t know what to think. Her life has been a nightmare. It was supposed to be a new beginning filled with hope but it's been the opposite. How did she get here and where did she go wrong? 

This story will keep you guessing. It wasn’t a bad read but it wasn’t what I thought I guess. The situations are somewhat brutal. There is a lot of things that are somewhat confusing. The first meeting of Callum and Emmy is somewhat bizarre. I wasn’t sure how this could have even happened. However it does put the start of the story into a whirlwind for sure. 
If you like dark romance then pick this one up. I didn’t not like it I just couldn’t wrap my head around the meeting of Callum and Emmy. 

Thank you for the ARC! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment