Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Amy's 4 star ARC Review of Dark Edges by Kane Caldwell









I’m not your good ole boy or boy-next-door type of guy. 
If that’s what you’re looking for, I suggest you move on. I curse a lot, work too fucking much, and keep to myself. My edges are hard, rough, and even dark at times. 
I never thought I would wind up in the business I’m in. I may not always play by the rules, but I go where the money is, keep my nose clean, and my affairs organized. 
Who knew one fucking e-mail would change everything in my controlled life. I swore I’d never touch a case like hers again, but there was something intriguing behind every word I read. 
She had my attention, she would have my services, but I never thought she’d steal my heart. 
My name is Chase Black, owner of Dark Edges PI. 

I’m your good girl and I once had everything. 
A big beautiful house with a view of gorgeous mountains, an expensive car, stress-free job, a wardrobe any woman would die for, but one thing was missing…the ever-absent husband. 
I never expected to be in the position I’m in, but I needed answers. 
I sent one e-mail thinking I would figure it all out. It wasn’t the route I intended to take. The life I’d been living was a lie and he gave me the answers I needed. What happened next I wasn’t prepared for. 
He had my information, he took the case, but I never thought he’d capture my heart. 
My name is Naomi McAllister, owner of a broken heart. 

This is our story…





Dark Edges
Kane Caldwell
4 stars

Naomi though she found the love of her life. She gave everything up for him and now she is left alone at night wondering where he is and what changed. Taking a chance she messaged the man recommended to her hoping the truth can be found. Chase Black is supposed to be the best. Little does she know the man she watches that one night at the club ... The one night she decides to let her troubles go is the man who is to seal her suspicions and potentially end her marriage. 

Chase Black is not into taking cheating husband cases. But this one has him on edge. He is pure raw poetry in motion .... Like a caged predator waiting to pounce. The woman he saw watching him sends things through his body he has never felt before. Now knowing who she is .... She will be his. 

This is a first for me from this author. I kept turning the pages but I would have loved a little more in depth plot. It was an easy read and Chase is a really interesting character. This is like a cat and mouse chase which leads to the mouse in very consuming situations. I will for sure read more by Kane and I thank you for the ARC! For me though I need a little more action of the not sexy type .. I know crazy right! It's a good one .. Pick it up .......

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment