Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Amy's 5 star ARC Review of Sociopath's Obsession (Sociopath 1) by V.F. Mason






Sapphire

Life, as I knew it, was over one year ago.
I lost my family, my home and any support that came with it.
Living in a crappy apartment with my roommate and working two jobs was not how I envisioned my future.
However, that was one of the things my family had taught me.
Dreams and illusions held no power in the real world.
All this was worth it though as long as I knew I was safe.
Until he showed up, shattering any peace I had.

Sociopath

Violence towards those who wronged me was my only salvation and revenge.
Nothing brought me greater pleasure than the pain and suffering I inflicted on my victims.
Until I met her.
She became my obsession.
Sapphire.
My Sapphire.
If I were a better man, I would have left her alone and never made her part of my life.
But I was a monster.
And monsters didn't have hearts.

Warning: 18+ due to sexual content, profanity, abuse, graphic violence, and adult subject matter.
Sociopath is a two part series.
 





Sociopath's Obsession (Sociopath 1)
V.F. Mason

5 stars and 5 more and find however many more you have and attach them to this book. 

Holy Geezus, Mary and everyone else too. I am completely speechless. Who is this V.F. Mason and where has she been? The first thing I did after reading this and catching my breath and reading the last page again and another time and again I went digging for a picture of this Mason writer person. I went to Goodreads, FB, personal website and nothing .. not one stinking photo. Why did I do this? Because I wanted to see the mind that wrote this horrifically beautiful, shocking and tragic mind boggling just delicious bender. 

I do have to warn readers. The subject matter is not for the faint of heart. There are no in depth descriptions and nothing that made me cringe but you all also know I like the more edgy stuff. There is abuse, very adult situations, and topics that might not be for everyone. I can't say what exactly because it would be a spoiler. What I can tell you IF you are reading and you just can't make it through them you can skip over because you will understand what made the man the way he is. (There are only two very short snippets I would consider maybe difficult for some to read.) Now since I have that disclaimer for you all let me get down to the dirty .. and lord it's a hot mess. 

Sociopath was his name or at least the name those who received an email from him knew him as. If you saw his name you knew the end was coming. The world knew about him as well. He was a hunted man but no one could find him and know one would find him. He was too good at what he did. Revenge wasn't even what this was about. It was about the torture, the hunt and the kill. There was a reason for him ridding the world of these horrid creatures. They were cut from the devil. The devil that he knew too well. There was no salvation for him. She was not the target but she was there. Sapphire. He should not have touched her but he couldn't turn away from her. She was no different than the others. Sociopath's always get what they want, play with what they want and in the end do what they want. 

Sapphire thought she knew life. Her parents stuck their noses in the air and currently she was attending another event that was being held to shield the other do gooders from the truth. Thinking back on that night it was the night she met the man who electrified her soul. Now after being disowned by her parents he is here again. She has dreamt of him. She thought he would come for her the night she was banished. She waited in the same spot she first met him but he never came. Now there is so much more. He doesn't remember her ..... 

I have never in my life been so involved in a book that I completely lost time. I don't know where this story came from but lawd have mercy I hope V. F. Mason has several more wrapped up in that head and is pounding them out on the computer right now. Let me tell you these characters will snatch you up into their world. The events on the pages of this charismatic and terrifying story will have your heart barreling through brick walls to get to the end. Oh but no ... don't do that ... try to slow down because the end is the worst BEST most brilliant part. We use the word cliffhanger so casually ... this is more than that .. this is a hurricane and a tsunami all wrapped up in one big kabaammmmm! V.F. dropped the mic, held her hands out and gave us a "take that shit" head nod and quietly walked away laughing. WTF! JULY --- JULY! That's when we get the rest or who knows she may kill us more. 

All I can tell you is if you want a book that is going to crawl up into your skin and grab a hold of your soul this is it. It's brutal, it's terrifying, it's consuming and it's one of the best (yes friends) love stories of two people I have EVER read. And no I don't feel bad about it ... maybe I have issues but you know what this man knows what he wants and so does Sapphire. The rest just is what it is. Promise me one thing though -- when you flip to the last page -- take a deep breath -- read it again and again and THEN go back and read the prologue. Everything that has not connected will and the revenge in your heart, if it had no already, will take a swift turn. That doubt of you being completely jacked in the head will leave and you will see your not as crazy for loving this story as you thought you were .... because you are going to LOVE Sapphire and Sociopath. I may be sick and twisted but you know what .. I own that! 

Sweet baby Jesus - V. F. Mason I don't know where you have been but you are on my radar now. Thank you for the ARC. I saw this one roll across my news feed and I thought I might end up clicking it up. I should have known Tracy already had it pegged for me to review. She knows my sick and twisted love. This is just an all consuming amazing read. The characters are GAH! This series is going to be sitting right up there with all my other crazy messed up men I love. This isn't just a drill them and kill them friends there is depth to the storyline, the characters again are written with a craft of being able to picture this brutal man, this torn woman, and the situations they both in a sense perished from and were "reborn" around. It's extremely difficult for me to express what I am without giving spoilers and I don't do those. 

July .... I need July ...... I need it now ..... Thank you thank you thank you for writing this epic tale. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment