Sunday, May 15, 2016

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Sordid by Nikki Sloane





It took me years to find the courage to speak to Luka. He seemed exactly like me. Intelligent. Focused. Serious. 

But he’s not the man I imagined. 

His reality is cruel and dark. He traps me in his web, his power twisting tighter the more I struggle, until it’s hopeless. I can’t break free. 

As he drags me unwillingly into his filthy world, I can’t ignore the terrifying idea circling my mind. What if I belong here with him? 

NOTE: This is a dark romance, and intended for mature audiences only.






Sordid
Nikki Sloane
3.5 stars

I will be very honest with you that I am having a difficult time reviewing this book. I really loved the characters and the outline of the book; boy and girl know each other and have had eyes on each other unknowingly but it's the way the girl was brought into the situation with the boy. I can't say because it would give everything away that the story is centered around.

What I can tell you is that if you have triggers of extreme violence against women then absolutely do NOT click this book up. Its very dark.

Like I said I have very mixed emotions over this one. The story is well written in that there is depth. I did like the characters as I do like the whole brutal love thing for lack of a better word but just not this way. I also believe we might be seeing more from a secondary character potentially. I'm not sure what Nikki has planned for those that remain on the pages.

Luka and Addison have a very fierce love affair .. damaging. The work Stockholm Syndrome comes to mind in big bold letters. I rated this book 3.5 stars because Nikki Sloane is a talented author and I will continue to read the stories she puts out. However this story just wasn't for me. If you enjoy her writing style then of course you will love this one! Happy reading!

I appreciate the ARC! Review to post to Rambling From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment