Sunday, May 15, 2016

Amy's 5 star Review of Hetch (Men of S.W.A.T. #1) by River Savage



Save 
verb ˈsāv 

1 a: Keep safe or rescue (someone or something) from harm or danger. 

Synonyms: rescue, come to someone's rescue, save someone's life, set free, liberate, deliver, extricate. 

Saving lives is the end goal. 
It's a responsibility I live with every day, the reason I wear the badge. 
Built on a brotherhood that runs deeper than blood, this way of life has become my very existence... 

Until Liberty. 

I thought I was saving her. 

I never expected her to be the one saving me.









5 worth the wait stars

Note: Hetch brawls with the destructive effects of suicide, the repercussions for those left behind, mental illness and PTSD. Anyone that might have possible triggers or fight against these may want to not click this one up. 

If you are struggling, please reach out to a friend, a stranger or another warrior fighting to stay alive. There is someone ready to stand beside you and have your six. 

Liam Hetcherson is SWAT; team lead heading his men into delicate yet elevated situations. He is trained to save lives and take bad ones. The one man he couldn’t save haunts him in his dreams. The word association; coward. Being dead and taking your life are two different things. You die from disease or an accident … not at your own hands. Hetch is a good man but his demons don’t allow him to do anything other than find a suitable lady to take home and burn off some energy; to chase the nightmares away if just for a small period of time. Trying to sleep off his latest drop off the deep end he is woken by a loud vibrating noise on the other side of his wall …. 

Liberty Jensen is on a sabbatical of sorts. She has thrown herself into her work. Her job at Boys Haven is not only important to her but she takes it with the upmost responsibility. These boys are turning the corners and can be pulled back into the streets at any moment. Her sabbatical though continues to be interrupted by her naughty neighbor. The walls in her building are paper thin leaving very little to the imagination of what he is doing to his latest conquest. She has never seen the man but he must be a God …. 

And the story goes from here …. And oh what a story it is. On these pages you have a love story, a story of fighting for each other, a story of pain and a story of finding yourself. Not only do you have Liberty and Hetch’s tale but you are also being woven into the lives of Liberty and Hetch’s family along with the other men of SWAT. 

Let me just tell you we are in for a series like no other. I found myself intertwined into every single page I turned. If it wasn’t Liberty and Hetch it was Mason, if it wasn’t Mason it was Sterling, if it wasn’t Sterling it was Dakota (um yup that one is going to be great) and of course there is something brewing with Payton. Yes I know you want to know who these characters are but I'm not telling .. you are going to have to click it up. 

The story within the stories are brilliant and yet I found myself completely immersed in the last few chapters wanting and waiting to hear the words Hetch needed to hear as well. Hetch is a character I wont forget, I need more of and I will hold dear to my heart. This book was more than worth the wait. I hate spoilers but what I can tell you is that you need to grab this one up. Don’t wait because next up is Mason Fox. I have a feeling his story is going to be another doozie for us to hold tight to. 

Thank you River for an amazing read. I stand and applaud you for taking on a taboo (in some people’s mind) topic and shining your light on it. 

If anything this book teaches us to reach out before its too late and that every minute you spend with the ones you love need to be treasured and captured in your memories for safe keeping. 

Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment