Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Amy's 4 star ARC Review of Unrequited (Fallen Aces MC #1) by Max Henry



Dark contemporary romance. Contains violence. 

She was, still is, and will never be anything but my everything. 

Our love was all consuming, passionate, and forbidden. We took risks to be together, carrying on an affair for months before her psychotic drug lord husband found the truth behind the lies. She barely escaped with her life … and that of my son. 

My club president told me that our love was no longer worth the risk, gave me a choice, and loyalty to the club being what it is, I walked away from her. I left behind the only thing I’ve ever wanted more than life itself and remained the dutiful soldier to a corrupt leader. 

When our love is put to the test, will it be enough? Or will the walk through hell to reach heaven’s door be too much for her to bear?







Unrequited 
Max Henry
4 stars

I love Max Henry and this new series doesn’t fall short! The cover is absolutely beautiful. I love the orange – the cover alone draws you in ready to flip the pages and dig in. Be ready for a cliffy … and it’s a big one … 

King and Elena – remember them? YUP this is their story. These two characters were thrown and I mean thrown together like a train running into a wall. You don’t need to read the events that go down in the from the previous series they appeared in so you are good. However I do recommend you head back and pick up The Butcher Boys when you get a chance. 

The obstacles these two face are just more than you can even imagine. Im telling you anything that you can think up .. it's worse and more. Eleana was given to the Cartel in order to have a better life. Surrounded by the mayhem of crime rampant throughout her country this was the only way. Needing to care for her father she is given the path to go to him before being given to Carlos. 

King is prospecting for the Fallen Aces MC. He has worked hard his entire life and nothing felt right until he found his brothers. Seeing Eleana, while passing through after a meeting that turned him into a wounded man, he knows this woman is the only one for him. One meeting leads to the next until the lies unfold and the truth can't be unheard. I wanted to go put a bullet in someone’s head in particular, look at both of them and drop the mic so they could continue on as I wanted them to. 

This is where everything start to get “real” for King and Eleana. And again, the cliffhanger is a I can't believe this is happening moment .. you are going to bang on your Kindle for the next pages to turn and all you are going to see is neon yellow …. Unbreakable … it's coming and you are going to have to wait … I need the cover as much as I need the story! 

Thank you Max for the ARC! I love your stories and can't wait for the conclusion of King and Eleana’s. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment