Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Amy's 5 star Review of Crave Me : The Good Ol' Boys by M. Robinson



They say in order to find yourself you have to go home. 
What if home was what you were running from? 
Where did that leave you? 
Always on the other side of the fence. 
Always looking in. 
Always wishing you were someone you couldn't be. 
Until one day you meet her. 
The one. 
She was my high, but she was also... 

My demise. 

STANDALONE within a series. This is a Full Length Novel.







Crave Me
M. Robinson
5 stars

Crave Me was not an ARC for me. It was a choice to click after seeing Tracy post a snippet from Undo Me (the third book in The Good Ol Boys Series). I consumed Undo Me which then led me to Austin. I thought Dylan and Aubrey tied me in knots ….. little did I know their story was just the tip of what she would put me through …. 

First let's talk about the cover since you all know the covers are something that do me in. I also go back and take the time to appreciate it AFTER finishing the book. If you don’t do that I encourage you to immediately flip to it once you read the last page. I think I held it in my gaze for at least five minutes, soaking in every freckle, every inch, the beanie (which holds significance), the eyes, the surfboard … all of it. Mitch Mckersie you made Austin for me. 

Austin Taylor was the youngest of the boys. He was always trying to prove that he was worthy; hiding who is really was. Half Pint was his best friend. He loved her like no other but Lucas was her world. It pained him to see the boys hurt her; especially Lucas. Finding happiness in small moments kept him afloat but after the tragic night that changed his life he would never be the same. Lost more than ever he no longer felt the need to stay or hold onto something he didn’t fit into. 

Daisy Martinez’s life changed in the blink of an eye. She killed her parents and now her punishment was living in hell. Her Uncle Alejandro was supposed to love her. Her mother told her he did but she lied. Knowing she can't escape Briggs falls into a world where she can not feel. All pain and no pleasure until a set of blue eyes takes her breath away. Knowing she cannot bring this man she feels she has known all her life into her hell she turns away. 

And the earth shattering story begins …. You will be screaming NO from the first paragraph on the first page. A love so toxic that it breaks you … it makes your soul thrash in agony. There were so many times I couldn’t breathe during this story. I fell to my knees and wanted it to stop; hugging the kindle trying to take Briggs and Austin’s pain away from them. The pieces of the past as tattered and torn as they are mold together for you seamlessly just like Undo Me. 

If there is a looking glass to be shared into the life of an addict and those who suffer along side that lost angel this is it. I broke and I didn’t think that I would be put back together. Although a work of fiction Crave Me is a story that everyone should read. Instead of judging – understand – instead of shaming –reach out your hand over and over no matter how long it takes. Don’t enable but don’t give up; the heart is worth it. 

Leaving my wounded body completely worn from emotion I have no choice but to go back and finish the series with the first two books. I have fallen in love with Half Pint, Lucas, Dylan, Aubrey, Jacob and Lily. I also will be grabbing up Alejandro’s story releasing in August. If you need a series to read this summer this is your ONE. Go grab them all up. They are free on Kindle Unlimited. 

Bravo M. Robinson. Bravo -- Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment