Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Amy's 4.5 star ARC Review of Dex (Kinky Shine 1) by Stephanie Witter



She succeeded in making him feel like a man. A normal functioning man when he hadn’t felt that way in years. 

"Who're you f*cking?" 

When my father, manager of the worldwide phenomenon Kinky Shine, asked me to come and help the band members appear more approachable I never thought my first meeting with Dex Bowers would start with such a question. 

Immediately, I wanted to strangle him, wipe the smirk off his face and force him to mutter more than three words. 

But there's something mysterious about him that was electrifying and the more he pushed me away and angered me, the more I wanted to know him and push through his hangups. 

"Trust. That f*cking trust thing didn't come easily to me." 

In the five years since my band became famous, not once had I been photographed with a woman. I knew it fed the supposed mystery surrounding me, but the real truth was far more humiliating than I was comfortable with. 

That was until Harley Floyd walked in and I was left with a mind numbing lust for her that scared me shitless. It should be easy to let go and trust her just enough to have fun, to be happy I could finally come up with new material for our next album. But nothing was easy and with a life made of sex, drugs, and rock n' roll I wasn't sure if anything could last. Not even my band. 

"What twenty-five year old was f*cking lost when his cock was rock hard when close to a gorgeous woman? One answer to that; a man who hadn’t had sex in a really long time." 

**For readers over 18 only.**











4.5 stars

This was a totally different read for me. I am usually the MC, Mafia, Murder girl so when this turned up on my Kindle I didn’t know what to think as I hate when I don’t care for a book and have to write a review. HOW WRONG WAS I? This was so good. I loved the characters and loved the fact that the story wasn’t focused on the “rock star” tours, screaming women, etc. This was so much more and what a story it is. 

Dex Bowers is the lead singer of Kinky Shine. The man is a beautiful creature and a mysterious one at that. He rarely speaks in more than two or three word sentences and no one knows who he really is. This is exactly how Dex likes it. His band mates know some of the traumas that has caused him to blend in with the shadows but not all of it. They know enough to understand and not push. After a great tour and a landslide record Dex can't seem to get a song out of his head; meaning he can't seem to get anything down on paper; not a lyric, not a verse not a chord …. Not only he is having a writers block but he has just insulted the one woman he should not have. Better yet he doesn’t understand the reaction he has having to her either. 

Harley Floyd has been a fan of Kinky Shine for as long as they have been around. Her father manages them and he has asked her to help push them further into the limelight; trusting her to handle them as she is the best. Sitting in front of her is the guy whose music she has admired … but this man is the biggest jerk she has ever met. Did he really just ask her what she thinks he did? 

Harley is a strong female lead and I love that. Dex is a brooding male lead with issues he doesn’t care to explain to Harley. The chemistry between these two is something but it comes with hurdles. The love story between these two will blow you away. I loved what stood between them as it blew apart the womanizing rock star. Not that I would wish on anyone what Dex had been through but it the storyline was brilliant. 

This is the first book in the Kinky Shine series. Next up is Maxen! I can't wait to get my hands on it not only to hear his story but to also continue to see where Dex and Harley are! 

Great read and a start to a great series! Thank you so much for the ARC! I LOVED THIS! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment