Monday, November 30, 2015

Amy's 3.5 star ARC Review of Tempting by Alex Lucian








His body climbing over mine.

My teeth biting his neck.

His scent on my skin.

My nails carving a path down his back.

His commands whispered in my ear.

All of my senses filled with him. 


I knew it was bad. But I craved more

It had begun innocently enough, bumping into one another in a crowded Boston bar. What followed that night had been anything but innocent. 

Because I'd known, even as he'd slid inside of me, that he was my professor. I'd pursued him, a predator stalking its prey. 

And he didn't know I was his student. 

But he would. 

*** 

Author's note: This isn't a jail bait student/teacher novel with a butterflies-in-the-belly kind of romance. The characters portrayed in this novel are consenting adults with functioning brains. If curse words, sex, and hard ass college professors with secrets offend you, move right along. 

Tempting is Nathan and Adele's story. Tempting does not have a cliffhanger ending, but it's the first book in a duet. The Tempting series will have other novels featuring characters with concurrent story lines.










Let me explain the rating – This is not my favorite genre so 3.5 stars BUT having said that this is a a really good debut from Alex giving the higher star rating because of the tangled web throughout the pages. The story line is actually good and the female lead is full of spunk. She definitely knows what she wants. So yes, we have a student and teacher romance in this one. This is Adele and Nathan’s story. For one I love the name Adele so being as silly as it is .. it kept me reading along with again this being a debut author. 

Adele goes on the hunt for her professor and finds him at a local bar. She ends up seducing him. Nathan doesn’t realize that he just banged his student until she rolls into class the next day with a trinket from their romp in the sheets. Adele being sassy, which also kept me reading, continues to pursue her hottie teacher and not only blurs those lines but demolishes them. Of course the drama is there and its typically the same in these types of reads. But this one is a twinge different. There is another book in the series (no cliffhanger) so if you like this genre this is a really good one from the student/teacher romances I have read. I would recommend clicking it on up. 

I received an ARC for an honest review. Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment