Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Amy's 5 star review of Roar (A Soldiers of Fortune Romance) by Aubrey Irons














I don’t give a f**k if I die tomorrow, as long as I get her tonight. 
Bryce 

I’ve been to war. I’ve lived in the streets. I’ve beaten the needle, and I’ve looked death in the face and laughed. 

So what the f*ck do I want with a sassy, smart-mouthed spitfire like Peyton Rivers? 

There are a thousand reasons I should stay away, beyond the fact that she’s my best friend’s sister. She’s just as broken as me. She’s seen the face of the devil and taken the time to spit in it, and she’s got scars like mine to prove it. 

Oh, and we’ve been down that road before, and it ended in blood and rain. 

But like I said, I’m a fighter. You gotta fight for what you want. And Peyton -- the sassy, hard-knocks girl from my past with a body made for sin -- is gonna be mine. 


The sins of the past never quite stay where you put them, do they?

Peyton 

I worked hard to get to where I am. Stable, healed, and somewhat normal -- with a family to call my own. 

I shut the door on Bryce Connors a long time ago. What we had was wrong then and the ghost of that memory is worse now. 

It’s just that there are people who tie us together, blood bonds that can’t be broken. But when our family is shattered, our friend stolen from us, the two of us are thrown together all over again until we get him back. 

Great; high stakes, high tensions, and halfway across the world with the one man I can’t seem to resist, even when everything about him makes my heart scream NO. 

What could possibly go wrong? 

...Or right? 


***This is a standalone book with a HEA; NO CLIFFHANGER!**

This book can be read entirely on it's own, although you may find the story more enriching by reading the full Soldiers of Fortune series.








DUDE WHAT!?!?!? -- I just found this series and it's over. I will be going back and getting all of these. Like now … 

I have missed out on the Archer family. I cannot believe it. This is an excellent series and I have to find out where these characters came from. You don’t have to read them to see that each is a standalone and I did go back and read the synopsis from the previous books. It gave me enough insight for me to be okay and continue on Roar before back clicking. This is Bryce Connors and Peyton's story. 

The Archer World Health Foundation is in motion and everyone is finally doing good. Logan, Quinn, Hudson, Reagan, Javier and Chelsea are mending fences and making strides to becoming a family. 

Peyton is trying to forget Bryce and Bryce is making it very hard. Logan and Bryce are best friends and Logan never knew about she and Bryce. Peyton walked away with no explanation the night all was to be revealed. Bringing her thoughts back to the present she notices a helicopter flying low. Something isn’t right and then all hell breaks lose. Logan is taken. Her only family she has left. The family she just found. 

Peyton’s world was shattered and she endured abuse at the hands of her mothers drunk boyfriend. She turned a blind eye sitting there watching TV as he burnt her over and over. And then Logan came for her. The brother she had no idea walked this earth. The moment Logan came for her and she stepped outside and laid eyes on the beautiful man named Bryce she knew it was trouble. 

Bryce had a shit life. He was a junkie until Walter Archer saw more in him and helped him get clean along with Major Lawson, Walter’s best friend. The past has shown its head and its time for Bryce to shut it down. Blackriver has Logan. Its time to make everything right and end it. With Bryce technically “not existing” he is the only one who can go in until Peyton is out the door heading to save her brother. Bryce doesn’t know why Peyton just walked away that night. He knows her broken past and chalked it up to hers and his in Peyton’s eyes didn’t mix and never would. Add Logan kicking his ass into that mix and no more explanation needed. Needless to say friends … big reveal of why in this book and you will end up saying “are you kidding me!?!?!” 

This is full of BOOM you all. Action, sexy time, intense emotions and lots of heartbreaking flashbacks between both characters fill these pages and make this a fantastic story. I love every bit of Roar. I cannot wait to get my hands on the other three books. The stories center around Logan and Quinn, Javier and Chelsea, and Hudson and Reagan. Best thing along with the story lines – they are all free on Kindle Unlimited so there is NO reason to not click these up and give them a whirl. Its exactly why I did .. well along with the covers .. Yes I'm that girl.

Go get them ladies – you will love them. Great quick reads! Review to post to Ramblings From Beneath The Sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment